• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Shin Guards and Knee pads

melmelbur

Hello! 

I was going to make my own shin guards and knee pads for the black bodysuit but I do not have the space anymore to work on large projects. I purchased the following police grade shinguards with knee pads attached. Has anyone else purchased these? those with approval do you think they may work?

81smpPfz-0L._AC_SY679_.jpg

Thanks, 

Mel 

The shin guards/knee pads do not need to exactly match the CRL image, as we are given another option: 

"The shin and knee guards may be custom sculpted to match the designs used in the comics, or they may be based on the police style shin and knee pads used in the Decipher image of Mara."

Here is the Decipher image:

gallery_1488_124_1427581438_309.jpg

It's not possible to find this exact pair anymore (believe me, I tried), so something pretty close in a similar style will typically be approvable. Shannon McRandle said the guards in the Decipher image were hockey ones, but many of us use the police/SWAT style shown in the post above.

• Like 1