• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Blacksuit modifications WIP

EffShaeff

My submission did not clear and I'm not sure how to go about making the required changes!

Bought new boots - that was easy!

Could I just fill in the rivets with black paint? Someone suggested fabric glue? Could I just spray paint the rivets? Would these even clear if I just covered up the rivets?

As for the belt... I am not skilled with leather. If I could get specific modifications suggestions I could pay to have someone fix for me.

Thank you!570eafde4b5c81ac6fb221fb0c2e7d33.jpgdd8988624cb407eb3d09c86864fc0cd4.jpge372b9e78ca7ef3b1a9123f997c2a325.jpg4c7e50b4970adc2842a3279aefe75309.jpga2192f575d5773709d91eaf1fc7f0595.jpgf9ea76df275d1759b6ba081adf8ef199.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There are two different styles of shinguards available for Mata. I’m not sure those shinguards will ever be correct enough for the reference you put side by side. Those are very specific pattern on them.

There is a different style of shinguards, and those might pass with yours. They’re the card art shinguards. Both kinds are clearable but I think you need to acknowledge and try for the other ones, not the ones you have referenced here.

Thank you for responding to my post!

I was afraid of that! They were cleared by Rebel Legion, so I was surprised when they were not with the 501st. I purchased the military style ones that most everyone has and will work with them! I also have a 3D print file in the making for both knee and shin guards as pictured in the CRL.

Now how to fix my belt if anyone has specific suggestions, I'm all ears.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The issue with the belt appears to be the visible attachment? Is that right?

The good news is that you have space to move it over as long as you have the width on the other side. You’d need to rip out the attachment, and move the buckle towards the floating piece to hide where those were. But you’ll need to ensure you don’t add in any visible rivets or a loop when you do it.
You’ll need to figure out how you want to attach that.