• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Malgus

Volund Starfire

UnidentifiedSithLord-TOR.jpg

Scared you, didn’t I? I thought so.

This guy does look a little terrifying. Then again, what did you expect of someone with the name Malgus who is a Dark Lord of the Sith?

I am planning on this to be my next costume. Already, I am dissecting it based on the model used in the Deceived, Hope, and Return Cinematic Trailers by Blue Studios for Star Wars: The Old Republic. It is a high-definition and high-detail look at this character’s costume.

This is going to be the most detailed costume I have ever done. It will include cloth parts, foam parts, sintra parts, leather parts, lights, makeup, and a lightsaber! Needless to say, it will take a little planning and a lot of help from my local sources (and some not so local).

Biography from Wookieepedia

Darth Malgus was a Human male Sith Lord of the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War. He was born under the name Veradun within Imperial space, and raised by his adoptive father. While still young, Veradun killed a Twi'lek servant on his father's estate, revealing the dark will behind his sensitivity to the Force. The young boy was subsequently sent to the Sith Academy on the Imperial capital of Dromund Kaas, where he became a Sith Warrior and a successful commander of the Imperial Military. During a trip to the Outer Rim world of Geonosis, Veradun discovered the Twi'lek slave girl Eleena Daru and took her as his own. Although she was technically his slave, the two fell in love with one another and fought side by side in many battles during the Great Galactic War against the Galactic Republic. Veradun later eschewed his birth name and adopted the Sith moniker of Darth Malgus.

In the beginning, Malgus and his Master had led the victorious recapture of the Sith world Korriban, before the former struck down the latter for being injured at the hands of a Jedi. At the height of the war, Malgus led a surprise assault on the Core World of Alderaan; though initially successful, Malgus and his forces were defeated in a concentrated Republic counterattack. The Sith Lord was heavily wounded during the battle, and was forced to wear a respirator for the remainder of his life. In 3,653 BBY, the Empire entered into sham peace negotiations with the Republic, which were truthfully nothing more than a distraction from the Sith's true target: the Republic capital of Coruscant. Malgus was chosen by his superior Darth Angral to participate in the attack on Coruscant as the leader of a strike team that would invade the Jedi Temple. Malgus succeeded in killing a substantial number of Jedi defenders—including Jedi Master Ven Zallow, who became Malgus's most notable kill—before the Sith fleet arrived to lay waste to the rest of the world. By the end of the engagement, the Sith had destroyed the Jedi Temple, killed half of the members of the Jedi High Council, and disgraced the Jedi Order in the eyes of the Republic.

Although Malgus had been under the impression that the Imperial Armada was going to raze Coruscant and destroy the Republic once and for all, the battle was ultimately used only as leverage in the peace negotiations on Alderaan. While the Alderaanian summit progressed, the Sith settled into an occupation of Coruscant. Malgus was placed in charge of orbital security, but the Sith Lord defied his orders and traveled back to Coruscant's surface to strike against the renegade Jedi Aryn Leneer, who was targeting Malgus for his murder of her Master, Ven Zallow. Although Leneer ultimately failed, the conflict caused Malgus to become disillusioned with the Empire and to view his relationship with Daru as a weakness. Thus, he was forced to kill his lover to preserve his own power, which he later used to cleanse the Empire of the politicians whom he blamed for allowing the Republic to survive. During the Cold War years that followed the successful peace negotiations, Malgus led Sith forces into the Unknown Regions, claiming previously-unknown territories for the Empire.

Sources

501st entrance requires three separate sources.

1) Star Wars The Old Republic | Biographies | Darth Malgus (Bioware)

This is a character in the upcoming video game from Bioware. The character is illustrated in the link, though a better illustration can be found in the Star Wars The Old Republic | Wallpapers | Sith Warrior (wallpaper).

2) Deceived Cinematic Trailer Character by Alessando Baldasseroni (Blue Studios)

This is the version of the character I am making. The trailer itself was created by Blue Studios that took their own liberties with the animations and character models (including both Darth Malgus and the Sith Troopers). The reason I consider this a second source is that the character models were created based on the Bioware illustrations, but they held their own little differences. The illustrator also created the models for the Hope and Return Cinematic Trailers using the same model but with different heads.

3) Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived by Marek Okoń (Del Rey)

While the Critria for an EU costume to be discussed on the 501st Extended Universe forums states that it requires three visual sources, I am using a novel. I am not using the novel as a literary reference, but am using the cover art as a visual reference. It is designed by Marek Okoń based on the Bioware illustrations, but with specific details the artist threw in on his own.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

postarmor.th.jpg

Here is the isolation of the armor. I was able to separate all of the actual "hard" armor pieces. This is just a quick-and-dirty dissection, my longer one will be coming soon.

Mask

The mask is separated from the neck piece. The silver plates could be used to house a mini speaker (similar to the stormtrooper tusk speakers), and the batteries can be kept to the sides for the speakers and light with the amp in the back.

Shoulders

The shoulders are separate from the chest and back armor. They can be used to hide a shoulder hinge for those pieces.

Chest/Back

Not much to say about this. The chest armor has the lights and batteries in it. I would say that the pieces velcro down.

Belt

I know that some people are not too hot on this idea, but I think the belt is foam. Not sintra, but actual core foam, possibly with a pleather sheath over it. It has plastic greeblies (the silver pieces). It connects in the back with the rear plate snapped over it.

Gauntlets

The gauntlets are two piece that hook together. You can see the hinge points in you look closely. The two octagonal plates above it snap to the cloth parts at the elbow to hold it in place. Lights and batteries go without saying.

Hand Plates

Simple pieces that snap to the gloves.

Knees

The knee plates are fairly simple. I would say that it connects directly to the trousers to keep it in place. It is all plastic and is hinged at the sides.

Lower Knees/Meniscus/Shin Plates

All three of these plates are connected together from the back. A piece of cloth (matching the trousers) is sheathed over a piece of sintra that keeps these items spaced correctly. The lower knee plates are similar to the knees in their design, but they do not hook to the trousers. They way they connect is that the shin plate is attached to the calf padding. It just wraps around the leg from behind and hooks under the front.

Boot Armor

The two forward pieces snap directly onto the boots. The rear piece also snaps to the boot and fits over the calf padding.

----------

The soft parts are a little more interesting and slightly easier to see. For these, I have no pictures yet (look for my in-depth dissection). Let's start from the bottom up.

Boots

The boots are custom made black leather and zip up both sides with actual visible zippers (oops, there goes the no visible zipper thing). Also, I'd probably add some elastic on the back (like the sides of TK boots) for comfort.

Calf

The padding on the calf is made like all of the other padding, but is free and connected to the shin armor.

Trousers

Custom made of cloth with a light batting. The pads are foam in a cloth sheath and are probably sewn directly to the material... that goes for the butt pad, too.

Codpiece

The cod would be made similar to the Vader cod and will snap directly to the waist of the trousers.

Vest

The vest will zip up the back and have an interesting set of plastic inserts for the abdominal ridges and the stiffened sleeves. Additionally, the padding will be like all the rest.

Gloves

Nothing special here except for black leather gloves with a specialized seam.

Dickie

The dickie includes the sleeves and neck. Sleeves are made with a light batting with the details sewn down. The neck will be slightly stretchy and will snap and velcro to the chin piece.

Robe

The robe will connect to the armor at the shoulders. It will have some neodinium magnets in it to keep it in place and "closed" when necessary.

----------

The eyes are Darth Maul contacts and the makeup will be a pale base over some collodion on the back of the head and cheek. Add some blue pencil and I'm set (I already keep myself cue-balled, so that's not a problem.

----------

Last but not least is this...

lightsabers.th.png

Now, one small question... I have the contacts to make everything except for the actual armor... Does anyone know of a good place I can go for custom armor?

Working from the bottom up, here is my dissection of the Darth Malgus costume along with the up close and personal pictures. More pics of our favorite Jedi Temple attacker (Ani was too much of a whiny emo) will be coming along as soon as I get them cropped and copied. So, here comes the dissection... or rather, the autopsy.

BOOTS

bootsb.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The boots would be made from black leather. As you can see in the illustration, they zip up both sides with a heavy black zipper (most likely locking at the top). The sole appears to be a layered boot sole. A pair of veins that line a piece that extends from the toe but not past the armor. There is a leather piece around the foot with a leather patch on the heel.

Not visible on the boot would be an elastic piece in the back that is hidden by the rear armor (similar to the sides of the Stormtrooper boots). This would be to ensure a good fit and make up for swelling around the calf.

The boots will include four grommets on the tops, two for each plate, as well as four grommets on the back for the rear plate.

Hard Parts

The armor on the tops of the boots would be made from ABS or fiberglass (to be determined). Depending on their thickness, they will have a padding material under them to provide stability. The armor on the rear of the boot would be similar to the top, in both the padding and style of connection. However, it will connect to the boot in such a way that it obscures the elastic back of the boot.

SHIN & CALF

shincalf.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The material is black pleather with padding and includes the appropriate seams and detail lines sewn in. It wraps ¾ of the way around the leg and rests on top of the boot. There are Velcro dots on the back to attach to the leg. Additionally, there are grommets on the outside of the legs to attach to the armor and snaps/Velcro on the inside.

Hard Parts

The hard parts include three pieces. The main is the calf plate, the second is the lower knee plate, and the third is the upper shin cap. All three pieces are connected by a plate of sintra behind a sleeve of the same material of the trouser. The lower knee plate also has a set of arms wrapped around which is secured by Velcro on both sides. The shin piece has a series of Chicago screws down the outside of the leg and a length of adhesive Velcro and snaps on the inside.

KNEES

knees.th.jpg

Hard Parts

The knee armor comes is two separate pieces. Both pieces are permanently attached to the trouser leg and are padded on the back for comfort. Both are clamshell in design and close with Velcro on both sides (to hold it securely and to give it a hinge). There is also a patch of Velcro on the padding to attach to the trousers.

TROUSERS

trousersl.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The trousers are light gray cloth with a normal button/zip fly, suspenders, and stirrups. There is a detail sewn down to the knee on both legs with batting. From the knees to the cuffs are free of details, though there is probably light elastic on the front of the lower leg to keep it looking tight in the back. In addition, there is Velcro sewn onto the knee and upper/lower calf for the armor above. Finally, a series of snaps and Velcro is placed around the waistband for the belt.

The padding on the legs is a plastic-backed batting within a black pleather. It is sewn to the legs along the two vertical detail lines and is attached with Velcro in front of that (for stability). The center portion is not connected to the trousers to give it a look away from the curvature of the leg. In addition, the rear flat portion is pleather-covered plastic with no batting.

The tailbone padding is similar in construction to the other. It sews down at the waist as well as along the detail line across the seat. The left and right sides are bent (breaks in the plastic under the batting) and Velcro down to the sides of the seat.

The codpiece buttons onto the waistband of the pants and is kept down over the fly with Velcro. It is made of padding under pleather with a plastic back.

BELT

beltex.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The base for the belt is a pleather-covered waist wrap that connects in the rear with Velcro and snaps. It has Velcro and snaps on the top and bottom of the underside to connect to the vest and trousers. It also has grommets on the center to accommodate the Chicago screws for the hard parts. There is also a pleather-covered piece of plastic with a sewn detail line in the back that fits over the seat.

Hard Parts

There are a couple of layers of plastic over the soft belt that are painted black and gray. They look vacuum-formed or bent sintra and connect to the soft belt with Velcro and Chicago screws. There is a larger piece that snaps over the back of the belt to hide the connector. Finally, there is a covertec female clip on the left side of the belt for the lightsaber.

GLOVES

glovesx.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The gloves are made from black leather and have padded sections over the tops of the four knuckles. There are also three snaps on the back of the hand to secure the armor.

Hard Parts

The glove armor is a simple detailed plate that snaps to the back of the hand armor.

GAUNTLETS

gauntlet.th.jpg

Hard Parts

That gauntlets are made of six separate pieces. The left and right inner pieces, the top and bottom outer pieces, and the two hexagon elbow pieces.

The left and right inner pieces are connected on the top and bottom by Velcro, they also include a series of snaps to secure the top and bottom pieces. There are two rectangular white lights on the top of each piece with the battery pack inside the piece itself. It is possible that the pieces also have a light padding.

The top and bottom pieces are attached to the hexagon pieces with a piece of pleather secured under the pieces. The top and bottom snap to the left and right pieces to hide the Velcro hinges. The top piece also has a series of white dome lights, four white rectangular lights, two red dome lights, a white circle light, and a white light panel.

The hexagon pieces snap to the elbows of the dickie that keep the gauntlets in place.

VEST & CAPE

vesth.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The vest is made with a faux seam on the front over plastic-backed accordion strips (an additional panel sewn over the front of the vest. It has padded pleather strips along the body in various positions according to the illustrations. There are a number of snaps and Velcro along the bottom to fit to the belt.

The back of the vest is made of a hex-patterned material. It closes in the back with a zipper. The pleather-padded strips are sewn down along the detail lines and around the edges in the front. The ends have Velcro to attach to the back armor. There is also a padded pleather strip in a Y-shape that is used to secure the back plate to the body. The Y-shape snaps through holes along the arms and on either side of the zipper.

The sleeve is reinforced with a plastic piece that causes it to keep its shape. It includes padded pleather strips on each sleeve that are sewn down at the detail lines.

The cape includes a hood and attaches to the back plate in such a way that it can be pulled around the shoulders (though this is not necessary). It hangs to the floor. The hood is set in such a way that it can be pulled over the head. The edges of the hood have neodinium magnets in it to hold it against the chest armor when the hood is raised.

Hard Parts

The armor of the vest includes fifth separate pieces. The first is the chest piece that includes an attached neckpiece. The second is the back piece. The third and fourth are the shoulder plates. The fifth is a box on the back that is only ornamental.

The chest armor includes a pair of red lights. A pair of red lights is also attached to the neck ring. All are powered from a similar source. The neck ring is a solid piece that fits over the head. It has snaps and Velcro on the back to connect it to the vest. There are a pair of neodinium magnets under the chest to attach the hood.

The back armor includes holes for the Y-shaped strip to connect it to the vest. It also has Velcro on the top to hook the pleather pads. It is connected to the chest armor at the shoulder with a rubber strip.

The shoulder plates are attached to the chest piece at the shoulders.

Finally, the box on the back snaps to the back plate.

DICKIE

dickie.th.jpg

Soft Parts

The dickie is worn under the vest. It straps under the arms. It includes a set of Vader-style sleeves and a neck seal. It is made of a black material that has a bit of an elasticity to it (possibly a lycra blend).

The sleeves have a hand stirrup and a set of snaps to secure the gloves. They have a light batting in them for the details. There are a set of snaps on either side of the elbow for the gauntlets.

The neck seal is seamed in the back and has a series of pillow-tucks. The top has a length of Velcro and a series of snaps to secure to the jaw armor.

JAW

masks.th.jpg

Hard Parts

The base of the jaw armor will be a form of neck brace that will keep the piece generally in the correct place. The vents on either side of the main piece could be used as speaker ports for a voice amplifier. If necessary, a fan can be installed on the front of the mouth area. It will include Velcro and snaps to secure to the neck seal. The batteries will be located on the left and right sides of the piece for the two red lights on either side. It will attach together in the back and a snap will be located on the top piece.

MAKEUP

makeupz.th.jpg

Makeup

The makeup includes contacts, collodion, paint, and a bald wig.

The contacts are Darth Maul contacts. This will assist with prescription lenses if they are worn.

The collodion is used for both cheeks. Black paint is used around the eyes.

If a bald wig is used, then the scaring on the back can be latex added to the back. Blue twine or yarn is latexed under the wig to be visible over as blue veins. A snap is added in the back for the jaw piece (with the other on the jaw). It should be spirit gummed down around the edges and be long enough to cover the eyebrows.

LIGHTSABER

lightsaberv.th.png

Hard Parts

The lightsaber is 15 inches long from pommel to tip of the emitter. There is a pair of blades on either side of the emitter. It appears to have a MR Force FX battery pack/speaker in the pommel. The covertek clip is located on the top of the lightsaber between the two blades on the emitter causing it to hang blade-up (similar to the Darth Vader saber).

Emo Ani.... I just about did a spit-take when I read that. he he...

I love seeing how much thought you're putting into all the pieces for this costume. It's attention to detail in the planning stages that make things work out really well in the end!

Pam :-)

Thanks. I have almost all of my ducks in a row. The only thing I am missing is the goose with all the golden eggs... I am shooting for SDCC next year for this costume. DEFINITELY going to have it done in time for the midnight release of the game!

Oh, and I even got some detailed shots of the buttons on his gauntlets from the Hope trailer, as well as some clearer detail drawings. No wonder the dude wears the mask, he's like the 1st Season Riker... nowhere near a strong chin!

Okay, after looking around for a while, I can't find anyone who can actually make this. So, I am going to try and do it myself. I think I can do this, based on the references in the DIY area (especially the Baroness tutorial). Heck, if I do a good job, I might just try some of the other armors and such.

So, I found a better way to do the armor than fiberglass.

It is something that I have been looking in to and might actually

try my hand at (to get it right before attempting Malgus.

I'll give you a hint, it is armor made from EVA closed cell sheet

foam. Non-textured, of course. Though I will have to use the

textured version for the other project (Mass Effect N7 Armor).

This stuff would be more comfortable as well as a little flexible for

movement's sake. The lights would be easier to do and it is a little

more forgiving and healthy than fiberglass.

4630233019_9aba4b9965_o.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Nice to see someone going for one of the SWTOR characters already! Just a word of warning however, you may have difficulty getting accepted until after the game is actually released. I originally was thinking of doing Shae Vizla, the bounty hunter in the Deceived trailer, but when I talked to the LMOs to see if it would be an acceptable character they told me they needed the game to be released so they could see the final renders. Hopefully the game should be released soon so by the time you finish the costume the game will be out so you can get official approval :)

Guest Aysel

oh he knows that, it's been in the planning stages for more than a year, we're just waiting on the game being released :mrgreen: and then the awesomeness of this costume will be fully realized

Guest Anonymous

Ahhh good, it really is a kick ass costume :D There's so many good costumes that I think will come out of SW:TOR, the character designers at Bioware really outdid themselves this time.

Guest A'Sharad Hett

I definitely want to see this costume done. I love this character.

I want to add Hope and Return trailers for the visual references, even if they represents earlier stages of the character visual development during his life.

So, I found a better way to do the armor than fiberglass.

It is something that I have been looking in to and might actually

try my hand at (to get it right before attempting Malgus.

I'll give you a hint, it is armor made from EVA closed cell sheet

foam. Non-textured, of course. Though I will have to use the

textured version for the other project (Mass Effect N7 Armor).

This stuff would be more comfortable as well as a little flexible for

movement's sake. The lights would be easier to do and it is a little

more forgiving and healthy than fiberglass.

[img_]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/4630233019_9aba4b9965_o.jpg[/img]

I plan to use this stuff for a future Commander Shepard armor (Mass Effect) :>

This is SO COOL! I LOVE this character! He's by far my FAVORITE from TOR! I'd so like to attempt to do this costume too! I'm just not sure if I could pull it off at the moment, as finances are pretty tight right now! :? We'll see down the road. I just love the DETAIL that's in this costume! Difficult to make, yes, but ultimately SO REWARDING!!! I'll be following this thread with GREAT INTEREST! Looking forward to seeing your progress & pics!!! 8) GOOD LUCK BRO!!!

I can now say that I have begun drawing up some templates for the armor. For the more difficult pieces (mask and gauntlets), I am seeking the assistance of a pepakura designer. I will be using foam as a base for building the pieces along with sintra. As I get the various templates completed and built, I'll post them here for all to see. With luck, this project won't run me an entire year (well, from now). Actually, in all seriousness, I am hoping to get the costume completed in time for the release of the game. I am hoping to troop the release (hopefully a midnight release) with my wife in her Satele Shan costume.

I'll be VERY interested to see your templates when you get them complete. I'm salivating to get started on this costume myself, just don't have the funds currently available. Hopefully your progress will inspire me! I'll be watching this thread with GREAT interest! :wink:

Guest Akavar

Darth Malgus is something I would LOVE to see in the flesh. I first fell in love with character because he has a really cool light saber and that's the majority of my Star Wars costuming background. So I gotta ask which version of lightsaber would you go with? After seeing this post I've noticed he has three different light sabers. Two feature the characteristic blade at the emitter, but they both have different shafts on the hilt (one featured in the CG trailers which are even of slightly different lengths, and the picture of posted earlier in the thread is different). Also, there is the lightsaber from the cover of the Deceived book. Just curious

I'm actually looking for a better picture of the hilt. The best ones I have from the

Deceived Trailer are from the slow-mo screen captures of the Jedi jumping

horizontally over his saber. It is the most detailed view. Otherwise, I am still

taking screen caps from the Hope and Return videos, but I would like to keep

things as close to the Deceived trailer as possible. However, some details are not

visible, so I will use the Hope and then the Return trailers for those holes.

The way I think of it is that I can omit the mask and the majority of the makeup

for some troops (such as the ones in 110 degree weather) and say it is Hope-style

Malgus. Though, I will be doing the Deceived Malgus the most (like the ESB Vader,

Deceived Malgus kicks major arse).

As an update, I am in talks with someone who has a great deal more design ability

than I do. He is going to be making a set of pepakura files for the hard parts,

primarily the mask, chest, and gauntlets. I am commissioning this work, so I won't

be posting them directly until after getting a full set built. However, it is possible I

will post a link to him for others to pay for the downloads (it will be far cheaper

than what I will be paying).

I will be posting the pics once I get the files (the 3D pictures, at any rate).

As an update, I am in talks with someone who has a great deal more design ability

than I do. He is going to be making a set of pepakura files for the hard parts,

primarily the mask, chest, and gauntlets. I am commissioning this work, so I won't

be posting them directly until after getting a full set built. However, it is possible I

will post a link to him for others to pay for the downloads (it will be far cheaper

than what I will be paying).

I will be posting the pics once I get the files (the 3D pictures, at any rate).

VERY COOL! I'm looking forward to updates with GREAT INTEREST!!! I'd be interested in finding out more about the pepakura files down the road too! I'll definitely be following this thread closely! MORE PLEASE!!!!!! 8)

ABQ-Comic-Expo-2011-24.jpg

Seen recently at ABQ Comic Expo.

A nice costume for "cosplay."

However, for 501st approval I personally would ask for a better match to the reference materials.

Still, it is inspiring to see the effort.

Be well,

Thomas

Wow... um, just wow...

I can't really say anything about that. I want to, but it.... well, the best way to

put it is, it does not look all that good to me.

I am finishing the screenshots of all three versions of the costume. After that, I

need to separate them out into the various parts and look for the clean ones to

have my wife visually enhance through photoshop. I should be starting a basic

graphing of the parts from the bottom up by Monday at the latest.

I've got someone who might be able to help me with the boots if my wife is unable

to make them. Not to mention, I have some interesting ideas on how to set the

whole thing up and attach it all.

Update:

The first set of pictures, those from the Deceived Cinematic Trailer, have been taken and I

can already see that my original thoughts on the costume were wrong. Specifically, the shin

armor that I thought was three separate piece is actual one single piece. Also, according to a

reliable source, the Malgus model with the cape covering his armor and the one with the cape

hanging on only his pack are two separate models (the concealed one does not have shoulder

plates). So, I will be focusing on the one with the open cape.

Here is the link to download the Deceived Cinematic Trailer pictures of Darth Malgus. I have

removed all pictures not actually showing his armor as well as some that are too unclear or

distant to see him clearly.

Deceived.rar - 1066 pics, 878.95 MB (zipped)

I will post the Hope and Return pictures once I have them taken. Also, I am finalizing the

build information for the hard parts. Look for those soon, too!

Also, if you would like similar pictures for any of the characters in the Cinematic Trailers, don't

be afraid to ask. I have taken such pics for the Sith Acolytes (in armor), Satele Shan,

Republic Soldiers (soft uniform), Republic Troopers (hard armor), Eleena Daru, Shock Troops

(the Sith Stormtroopers), and the Battle Droids.

I am starting from square one, to make sure that I don't miss anything. To that end, I have even redone the images that I previously had.

Here is my dissection of the Darth Malgus costume based on the Cinematic Trailer Model created by Alessandro Baldasseroni. I have classed this costume as having four separate kinds of parts. The soft parts include the cloth and leather pieces. The Firm Parts are all those that are thicker than the soft parts and made of a less flexible material. The Hard Parts are the actual armors and other related pieces. Finally, the Misc. Parts include the FX for the head, the mask, and the lightsaber.

The first this I am going to do is take the picture I have of Darth Malgus from Alessandro Baldasseroni’s website and brighten it up, make it black and white, and sharpen the details.

Before

malguspost.jpg

After

malguslightpost.jpg

There, isn't that clearer? Now I can begin a proper dissection for costume creation.