• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Hood Material from Wicked Armor

Dudenstein88

Hey everyone! Just like many of you, I ordered my Revan kit from Wicker Armor and had some questions for you all. The hood I received is made of a different material than the one picture on their website and in their fitting documentation. The material I have is a lot more flowing and silk-like with a slight sheen, than the linen weave style they show in their pictures. My questions are, what kind of material did you receive in your kit and would this material still  meet the CRL? I wouldn't say the material I have is considered "heavy" as required. I've attached some pictures of my WIP and the hood they show on their site. Also, this fabric doesn't hold the characteristic shape of Darth Revan's hood, and more just drapes down.

Thanks for any help!

120920335_3509576845730770_4101476195372643955_n.jpg

il_fullxfull.1383497108_pblw_1024x1024@2x.jpg

1 hour ago, tattooed_pariah said:

I just placed my order last week... hoping someone responds with enough time for me to contact Wicked Armor if this new hood style is against CRL...

Thanks, me too. Also, some info I wish I had when I ordered, but they create the kit to be true to the game model which has the O-ring belt off-center from the rest of the armor like below. I didn't know that and had to reposition the belt myself as I prefer things symmetrical, hence why it is missing in my pic. 

gallery_174_27_14580.jpg

I sent a screen shot of your post to my local garrison guy and he doesn't think it qualifies.. Since I just ordered mine last week, I e-mailed Wicked Armor and brought it to their attention.. I don't wanna be a "problem customer" but I also don't want to pay $1200 for something I have to rework after delivery.. hopefully everything works out.. Mine should be delivered mid-November so I wanna do holiday events :)

Thanks for doing that. This would be really demoralizing if it isn't approved. Guess I'll find out soon enough either way. I am emailing them as well but I've had this costume for 3 months and just now am able to assemble it, so I doubt they would do much for me.  I agree with you about spending so much to just have to completely recreate parts that are different than what was listed. Could you let me know what they say in response to your email? 

6 minutes ago, Dudenstein88 said:

Thanks for doing that. This would be really demoralizing if it isn't approved. Guess I'll find out soon enough either way. I am emailing them as well but I've had this costume for 3 months and just now am able to assemble it, so I doubt they would do much for me.  I agree with you about spending so much to just have to completely recreate parts that are different than what was listed. Could you let me know what they say in response to your email? 

No worries, they said that with everything going on worldwide, they were having some trouble getting the right materials, but have since moved back to a thicker fabric and will be updating the photos soon..

Hopefully the new fabric meets the CRL. I should be getting my kit around mid-november, so i'll post pics once it arrives as well.

They've moved back to the fabric that is shown in the listing now or a different thick fabric? Hope you have less problems than I am with this! Also, how fast did they email you back? 

the longest i've waited for a response is over a weekend, and and i think that was because I e-mailed late on a thursday, but had a response on the following monday..

E-mail wise, they've been very good to me so far.

This is their response about the fabric: "No worries. We had a hard time obtaining fabric with everything going on and we were trying different fabrics. We are now using a much thicker material. We will be updating our photos very soon."

sounds like it's different than the original, but hopefully thick enough to meet the CRL.. haha, I'm trying not to piss em off and tell em how to build their costumes, but like we agreed, also want it to be as "turn-key" as possible for 501st acceptance..

Well if that is the case, I hope they are open to replacing my hood if I send this one back. I don't want to piss them off either but I would have gladly waited longer for the better material if I had known. Thanks for you help and I look forward to seeing your Revan!

Right? I want to get mine as soon as possible, but I also made sure to tell em, i get it, everything on the planet is delayed right now, so if i have to wait, i'm not gonna be upset..

Hopefully they help you out! and thanks, I look forward to getting set up! :)

• Thanks 1

• Dudenstein88 changed the title to Revan Hood Material from Wicked Armor