• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nightsister Ventress Build

Camc1732

Hello all. I want to start a Nightsister Ventress build.

I've been looking at the CRL for about a week and it's all I've been thinking about doing. My husband just had his birthday recently, and was given a Star Wars book from a family member of each character through till Last Jedi. Thumbing through it and I saw Ventress, I remembered her being such a badass in Clone Wars, I wanted to try to do her build.

I'm already a Jawa for my garrison (Starkiller), so this would be my 2nd costume and something completely different.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I've taken a look at some of the threads here and right now my biggest questions are:

1. Is there a recommended fabric for the bodysuit/leggings, sash and cowl?

2. How best to make the medallions, bracer straps and greaves?

3. Are white/light grey leggings acceptable for the part of the legs that are visible?

20 minutes ago, Camc1732 said:

1. Is there a recommended fabric for the bodysuit/leggings, sash and cowl?

2. How best to make the medallions, bracer straps and greaves?

3. Are white/light grey leggings acceptable for the part of the legs that are visible?

1. There isn't a hard, firm, it must be this as it is interpreting a 3d model and texture maps. I'd recommend something that fits well and has some stretch to match the look of what is seen in the animation for the grey and black parts. Be sure that the colour varies, to look like how it is presented, as best you can.For the red, my wife used a crushed taffeta. If you'd like there are some who jumped in, but her build thread is here:   

2. For the medallions and greeves I used Sintra (Extruded PVC) Other things could work, but it worked well for us. For the straps we used leather that we covered in the cloth materials to match the textures. 

3. Sure. So long as they lay flat and match your makeup well enough to not distract that should be fine. 

Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick reply. That's a very good point about it being based on a 3D model.

Would you recommend sintra/similar material to make the buckles for the bracer straps? Oh, and the greaves. I've seen a template floating around here. Is the idea to print it out and use it to cut/shape/form the material to the shapes? Seems like a silly question, I know but I just want to be  sure, haha.

We used metal buckles as seen in the CRL. You could use Sintra is careful too. 

The template I made and in her thread was to make a template to then paint the red details. If you wanted to make a positive I guess you could do. If in question credit is appreciated. It would need to be thoroughly sealed if printed as the red shapes. As noted I carefully cut them out then painted. If you were using a cricut or something you could do that, just be sure they are well attached and sealed. 

1279012054_Screenshot_20200917-1414162.thumb.png.bb9a79000f40848013209508e85c078f.pngSo I've been looking at boots for my Ventress and haven't been lucky untill now, potentially. I know its up to my GML to finally decide, but I want some input this option from those who are/more familir.

Edited by Camc1732

They look pretty solid so long as they stay up and don't collapse / crumple too much. I know for LadyB's we brushed on some grey colour to look more like the animated one as well.