• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Malak - An Introduction to the Character

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For those of us that don't know who Darth Malak is and where he fits into the Star Wars Universe, I thought I'd post a short intro to him and a picture

Source: Star Wars .com

"This is but a taste of the dark side, to whet your appetite." ? Darth Malak

DarthMalak.jpg

Malak was a tall human who was horridly injured in a lightsaber duel. A swipe from a laser sword severed his lower jaw, and Malak was forced to wear a metallic jaw guard that hid his disfigurement from view. The guard also included a vocoder, through which Malak spoke with an eerie metallic tone.

Four millennia before the Sith would eventually subvert the Galactic Republic into a New Order, the galaxy was still reeling from the last great Sith uprising. Licking its wounds from the Great Sith War.

The Jedi Knights fought valiantly to repulse the Mandalorians. Among the heroes of this era were the Jedi warriors Malak and Revan.

Malak gained a reputation as a headstrong warrior who would recklessly charge into danger. Malak's former Masters were well aware of this impetuousness during his days at the training academy on Dantooine. They were hesitant to unleash Malak onto the battlefields, but the strains of the Mandalorian Wars left them few options.

Malak and Revan pursued the fleeing forces into uncharted regions of space. All contact was lost between the Republic and the two Jedi warriors.

The two Jedi heroes succumbed to the dark side, and returned as Sith Lords -- Darth Malak assumed the role of Revan's apprentice.

The Sith Lords had somehow amassed a huge military force, and with each world that they conquered, they added to their legions.

The Jedi Council, in a last ditch effort to stop Revan and Malak, engineered a trap for the Sith Lords. Though the snare neutralized Darth Revan, Malak escaped and took control of the Sith forces.

Revan, a Jedi captive, was stripped of all memories of a Sith past, and was turned into an agent of the Republic. Jedi observers closely watched Revan as the "reformed" Sith traced the path blazed during the initial search for the Star Forge. In this manner, agents of the Republic were able to find the station and confront Malak.

This confrontation erupted into a massive battle

Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed.

More on Darth Malak, can be found here: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmalak

Guest Anonymous

Great idea. I shall copy you for Revan. Incidentally, since I have KOTOR for the PC, if anybody needs screenshots of characters, I can do the best I can to get them. Including, of course, Malak.

Guest Anonymous
Great idea. I shall copy you for Revan. Incidentally, since I have KOTOR for the PC, if anybody needs screenshots of characters, I can do the best I can to get them. Including, of course, Malak.

Can you get me some decent full body screenshots of malak... I need proof that he has the kama skirting that alot of his promo pics do not show him with. I also want to see how the cape drapes down his back

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I can do that for you. It may take a couple days, but when I've gotten the screenshots, I will post them in the Malak gallery and leave a message here on this board for you. :)

- Carolyn

Guest Anonymous
Yes, I can do that for you. It may take a couple days, but when I've gotten the screenshots, I will post them in the Malak gallery and leave a message here on this board for you. :)

- Carolyn

much appreciated, thank you very much Carolyn