• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Sith Stalker helmet build

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright, I airsoft which, for those of you dont know, is similar to paintball except that it doesn't use paint, only little plastic BB's (less messy and painful). The major airsoft team in the area is called ISF (Imperial Special Forces) and they're supposed to be hosting a star wars themed game at the field we use (An old greyhound dog racing track). This got me thinking about how much fun it would be to have a star wars costume for the event. Some friends and I were talking about TFU, and I remembered the Sith Stalker Armour. It seemed like a great idea. However, the only problem with building a (semi) functional set for the purpose of airsofting would be the helmet. I'd hate to get shot in the visor (no matter how unlikely, given the small profile) and have it shatter. Does anybody think it would be possible to modify an existing mask into a relatively good Sith Stalker helmet? Or would it be easier to just build one from scratch? (I'm brand new to this sort of thing, and have no idea how strong the material used for visors is). There is a low FPS (350) limit on the building, because getting hit with anything stronger point blank can really hurt. I have no problem building the rest of it from scratch, soon as I figure out how, i'm just curious which path would be easier and safer. Thanks for the help! Hope I dont sound like a total idiot trying to come up with this.

Guest Daritha
Thanks for the help! Hope I dont sound like a total idiot trying to come up with this.
There isn't such thing in costuming. Everone learns and there's nothing embarassing or idiotic about it. ;)

To your request: Well, I'm no profi in this sort of things but I think it would be safer if you use an original mask that is used for airsoft games and add the Sith Stalker mask to it. Maybe as a second mask you pull over the real one or as optical modification of the original mask. Tinker with some ideas and look what works best. Keep us updated with the costume and the event. It sounds interesting. :)

Guest Anonymous
Maybe as a second mask you pull over the real one or as optical modification of the original mask

Yeah, thats a good idea, I didn't think about that. Theres a guy that we airsoft with that makes custom metal masks for people that go to DMZ (The arena) (for a profit, of course), so i'll check with him and see what he does. another alternative is using mesh instead of anysort of glass or plastic, but I dont think that would look nearly as good.