• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus

Alachaas

Wicked Armor makes them custom to your measurements. They offer KOTOR, but might be willing to do COTF if you contact them privately. COTF Nihilus it's listed as out of stock, but you never know.

When I started out with costumes back in 2012, I hadn´t done much sewing myself - and see me now ;-) 

For my Nihilus COFT I used a basic shirt pattern and made mods for the cross over for the tunics - you can also use one of your shirts to lay on the fabric and cut after that.  

The skirts are easy, the innerskirt is done with an elastic at the waist, just pull the fabric around you and take more fabric to get the voluminous appearance, remember the split. 

Same with the outer skirt

The cape - I measured myself from top to floor, added about 30 cm more and drapped it for the right fit, before I made the knot, I sewed in snaps at the shoulders to hold the cape behind the shoulders.

The obi - not hard either, take your meassurements at the waist and remember to add on for the closure, I use velcro for that.  Same with the belt, I bought two leather pieces and 8 chicago screws + added velcro for the closure. 

WA makes some really nice costumes, but I prefer to save money and do as much as I can myself. I think my costume was made for about $200 in total with all the materials. I was so lucky to get the fabric with 40% of at my local supplier :-D   

You can see my WIP here : 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sicario said:

Hello! In Spain I bought it from OutcastProps with discounts on BlackFriday, they give you a table with measurements and there was no problem with my 1.90cms.

do you have their website so i can check them out

also found this on etsy what do you guys think

https://www.etsy.com/listing/292194539/made-to-order-star-wars-darth-nihilus

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

It's more than double the price of Wicked Armor! I don't know if they have an approval track record either, so be careful. At least WA has over 100 approvals. I wouldn't pay that much. For $400 more you can buy an armored, approvable Darth Revan!

Here is WA KOTOR, less than half the price of the that you posted:

https://wickedarmor.com/collections/inspired-by-kotor-darth-nihilus/products/costume-inspired-by-kotor-darth-nihilus

Here is WA COTF, and while it's listed as sold out, you can ask them if they'll make one anyway. Again, less than half the price, and with a proven record of approval:

https://wickedarmor.com/collections/darth-nihilus

It's more than double the price of Wicked Armor! I don't know if they have an approval track record either, so be careful. At least WA has over 100 approvals. I wouldn't pay that much. For $400 more you can buy an armored, approvable Darth Revan!
would love to do wicked armor but i am a fat kid and he will not make it in my size, i haz sad face

would love to do wicked armor but i am a fat kid and he will not make it in my size, i haz sad face

Really! That's really surprising to me. Ok, ignore my last post then.

i can reach out and verify but on the website he did limit the size he would do

sorry got posted before i wanted, i do want to thank you for the feedback that is really what i am looking for when it comes to here so thank you and please don't be quiet

• Like 1

sorry got posted before i wanted, i do want to thank you for the feedback that is really what i am looking for when it comes to here so thank you and please don't be quiet

Perhaps you could work with a seamstress and use the WIP from@Heavy1973 listed above, along with the CRL and get this custom made? It might be under $500 USD that way.

If you do go with etsy, check with your GML first and get them to look. You don't want to put $1000 USD after belt, boots, and saber...and then not get approved.

@DarthValkyria probably has the most knowledge and experience in this and I would follow their advice. I've tagged them.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

On 6/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, Gomcse said:

Perhaps you could work with a seamstress and use the WIP from@Heavy1973 listed above, along with the CRL and get this custom made? It might be under $500 USD that way.

If you do go with etsy, check with your GML first and get them to look. You don't want to put $1000 USD after belt, boots, and saber...and then not get approved.

@DarthValkyria probably has the most knowledge and experience in this and I would follow their advice. I've tagged them.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

thank you so much and i can't wait super excited about this one.  I have contacted a seamstress to help me with this one and in fact i am doing measurements today to start this project 

• Like 1

Hola, no sabía que ya no vendía OutcastProps el traje, puedes ser una parada momentánea por el Covid19.

El traje de Etsy que comentas me parece caro ...

Edited by Sicario
Error palabra
  • Like 1

Hola, no sabía que ya no vendía OutcastProps el traje, puedes ser una parada momentánea por el Covid19.
El traje de Etsy que comentas me parece caro ...
I'm translating this because it's a good post. It says, "Hello, I did not know that OutcastProps was no longer selling the suit, it could be a momentary stop due to Covid19.
The Etsy suit you are talking about seems expensive to me."
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sicario said:

Hi, it cost me about $ 500 and there were ads on Nihilus Etsy (when I bought it) for those prices. All without boots.

Thank you so much i know i have reached out to them and they stated they did make it however with Covid they are not available right now, i did fire a seamstress and i hope she can help so know i just need to figure out the type of cloth to use

1 hour ago, Heavy1973 said:

What 3d file are you using ?   

It looks like the one, that I used, and that can´t be approved unless you makes some heavy mods to it.

it was this file

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1036007