• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan WIP

Revan the Butcher

Ok, so I have some soft goods partially finished ( hood/capelet, cape, and shirt) and decided to start working on the chest armor in order to finish those items up. Since the CRL calls for a bronze color, why not make it out of bronze? I have mocked up this chest plate so I can get a general idea of how much sheet metal to order. If I could get your opinions on proportions and fitment, it would be greatly appreciated

Chest Plate 3.jpg

Chest Plate 2.jpg

Chest Plate 1.jpg

Chest Plate 4.jpg

Chest Plate 5.jpg

I think the chest area is a bit less rounded and more straight across at the top. Also, the front and back line up perfectly at the bottom. 

Just make sure you get the details in the armor correct, and watch out for the coloring. It is an aged bronze, not just straight bronze, which would be too shiny.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, DarthValkyria said:

I think the chest area is a bit less rounded and more straight across at the top. Also, the front and back line up perfectly at the bottom. 

Just make sure you get the details in the armor correct, and watch out for the coloring. It is an aged bronze, not just straight bronze, which would be too shiny.

I think you are right on the less rounded aspect. will alter that. Good eye on front and back lining up, I ran out of template material, so was just went with what I had. They will end up being the same, I promise. :) I have a buddy with a bead roller that is going to help with the details. As far as the color, not a problem either. I found a bronze aging solution online that works REALLY well. I will try to post before and after pics of my hand plates a little bit later. Thank you for the input!

• Like 1