• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

mindputtee's Darth Talon Build

mindputtee

Hello!

I've started working on a Darth Talon build. First order of business was the lekku:

I made a sculpt from wire, foil, tape, and monster clay

1mN23Wp.jpg

Then I began painting on layers of silicone

vqWBI0m.jpg

It really looks like a candy apple here

j2SWUTU.jpg

Fresh from the mold (after a little patching to repair a tear)

oZ3dpbB.jpg

Video showing movement

https://i.imgur.com/NRwGAbs.mp4

Started painting the tattoos:

HqiKjfj.jpg

Going to paint more tattoos still but that's all for today!

• Like 1

Progress update! Finished the tattoos on the lekku:

gsD1Ir0.jpg

This was taken before powdering them to reduce the shine. I forgot to share the tattoo diagram I'd drawn out for myself based on the various references

VT8tvmZ.jpg

In this picture you can see where I patched the tear with more silicone and these are how the tattoos look after powdering to reduce the shine:

RmO7QEy.jpg

Next order of business was armor then, I'm using 4 mm and 6mm EVA foam for most of it and googly eyes as rivets!

CKRacsC.jpg

I ran my dremel over the pieces rapidly to give some lightsaber damage and then primed with plastidip:

JgWoLK8.jpg

I used one of my silicone ear cones as a form to heat and stretch some worbla over for the ear cone armor. Ear cones need to be protected too!

0fpZMaM.jpg

And now everything has gotten one coat of acrylic paint

LzClJup.jpg

Once that first coat is fully dry I'm going to evaluate if it needs another coat of the gunmetal or if I should move on to weathering and such.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 6:30 AM, Zoomi said:

I’m beyond entertained that you’ve used googlie eyes. :grin:

amazing work so far! Do you have any specific concerns or questions?

Haha thank you! When I shake some of the pieces they rattle hahaha

My struggle right now has been figuring out how to make the upper thigh pieces stay up when walking. They tend to start to slide down. I'm going to put everything on today (minus the bodypaint/makeup) and take some pictures to get feedback of it on!

Have you thought of using those silicone pads that they have for braless wear? You could stick the sticky side to the inside of the armor and then have the silicone against your skin. 

These are hard to share... I still want to lose 15 pounds before I feel ready to troop in this. I plan to paint tattoos on the tights and then sew them to the bikini bottom and trim the excess above, just haven't gotten to that yet. I think I need to remake the back of my bandeau as well to pull the armor in the front in tighter.

SlrsWYL.jpgiQulntg.jpgdD5CKII.jpgRrsID1c.jpg

• Like 1

DMEQgTT.jpg

testing out my two different paints (middle is for the face and the others around it I was working on matching that color in an alcohol hybrid so I could do temporary tattoos for my talon tats!

I wanted to give an update, I sent my approval pictures in and was told that my forehead triangles were too far apart and my right eye makeup wasn't dark enough so I did another makeup try on and took new pictures. I also included my gold contacts in these pictures. I did not use the temporary tattoos for my chest or clavicles this time because they are expensive and I was only going to be wearing it very briefly for pictures. So now I am waiting again.

Rzk98d1.jpg

8CfDR84.jpg