• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Grand Inquisitor Eyes

fleasome

In 52 years I have never been able to put anything in my eyes, open my eyes under water, et cetera.  I am not sure how to overcome this phobia or whatever it is.  I was trying contact lenses but cannot seem to overcome this to date.

Is there some sort of goggle type eye wear I could put on between the mask and my eyes instead of under my eyelids?  I know someone here had a mask made with something like that but cannot seem to google the correct words.

Thanks

Since I cannot really wear contacts, I just decided to wing it as I spent several hours looking for something with no luck.

I then thought that maybe tanning goggles might work.  I had an old pair in a drawer and grabbed them.  The lenses easily popped out.

I then spent about 2 hours pulling up every single close up from Rebels I could find of the Inquisitor's eyes and printing them on one big tabloid sized paper.

I then sat down and started painting, trying various paints.  

I do think this first draft turned out pretty good, I didn't have the elastic tight inside the mask so one side was a little droopy.  I will play more with it but think it looks pretty good for version 1.0.

I might take the dark tanning lenses and drill a hole in them, put them back in, to make the pupils look smaller in version 2.0.

vHFQ7Xf.png

gL69t7p.png

FScq6Kl.png

Edited by fleasome

Hi Fleasome!

In my opinion this option looks not natural. Anyway, wearing contact lenses is an option in this character so you don´t have to wear them. 

To look more real, when you wear the mask try to use makeup around the eyes (black) and a bit of white in your mouth.

See ya!!!

5KAwWUx.png