• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Jaden Korr, new costume

I'm potentially interested in joining this detachment and I was curious as to whether a costume of the character Jaden Korr from the game Jedi academy in the ending where the player falls to the dark side would be accepted. I read in another forum post you need 3 sources for the character, so I could use the models from the game, this concept artWallpaper_jkja.jpg.fff5472cbbe2f39e763d67017d3d5dbc.jpg

And this miniatureimages.jpeg.3fcbaee7d8fca00683745868c227e098.jpeg

Any advice as to the eligibility of this costume for approval would be appreciated.

This isn't 100% a final answer - just my opinion - but I don't think Korr would qualify for the 501st.

In the game the player can choose to do things to go to the dark side, but everything with the story of the character both in the game and in novels has Jaden being on the light side.

The argument could be made that player choices effect Revan too, but the difference here is that the firm story of the character is that he was a sith lord before getting his mind wiped, so the sith lord look of Revan is 501st eligible. But if the player chooses to make their playable character a black woman with a huge blaster rifle, that's the player's choice.

It's much like why Darth Malgus from The Old Republic, who has a canon look, is a 501st costume, but the player's custom sith isn't.

I know that's not the answer you'd want to hear, but I hope it makes some sort of sense.