• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hi from Italy! I need some help for Darth Nihilus COTF

Hi everybody, thanks for the admission to the forum.

I'm an Italica Stormtrooper ANH and I'm studying the Flagship Forum in search of some help for my next costume: Darth Nihilus COTF.

I'd like to create the costume by myself but I need a tutorial for cutting and sewing the cloth. I found some link in the Forum to a "Scott & Pam" tutorial but in their website there is no tutorial for Nihilus.

Thanks for any help.

TK 26570

Hi Welsome to the forum 

There are no patterns up front to make this costume - I´ve just made mine from scratch and I used the pictures from the CRL to guide me. 

I took a t-shirt for size when I made the tunics, the innerskirt is "just" a skirt of fabric with an elastic waist with the split all the way down, the outerskirt is made like the innerskirt but with the larger opening + I attached it to the inner tunic for a better fit.  The obi is a double layer of fabric with velcro closure.  The hood/cape - I bought the formed hood from Twi´lek Pam and this one took me more time to make, then all the other pieces LOL  - I went with velcro to attach the fabric to the hood, and then I sew a piece in front of the hood to give it the cat ear look and snaps on the shoulders of the outertunic to attach the cape and hold it in place behind the shoulders. 

Regarding the mask - I had a friend make me a 3d, but it is not approvable without heavy mods, so I reshaped my mask. 

There are a couple of WIP threads that you can take a look at - and I would advice you to start your own to show of your progress and ask for advice if needed  :wink:  

Thank you Heidi, I'll open my WIP: it will be a difficult and long work because here in Italy almost all shops are closed for the COVID-19 quarantine and it's difficult to find even a t-shirt...

You´re welcome 

My heart goes out to your country in this hard periode - it is horrible news we are getting - here in Denmark, we got closed down pretty fast,  only food and medicin stores are allowed to be open.  I am 3 weeks in a quarantine with my 2 sons - but also standing by for deployment if the Military needs me.  Hopefully it will be better soon...

You can use one of your own t-shirts as a pattern on the black fabric to cut after ;-)