• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus COFT CRL change

Heavy1973

I would like to re-open this one and support Blanes proposal to change the text back, found here : https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3019-darth-nihilus-cotf-update/

We don´t have levels in TFE like for exampel the IOC/FISD, so I think it should be optional for the wearer, otherwise I would have suggested the blackout mask to be a higher level then basic approval.

From

Blackout Mask

The face is blacked out by a sculpted black mask with visible mouth details.

Balaclava

A form-fitting black balaclava is worn to hide the costumer's face and neck.

To

Face Covering
The costumer's face is blacked out behind the white mask. This may be accomplished with a sculpted black mask, or a tight-fitting fabric blackout mask that shows facial features.

The eyes are hidden with black fabric behind the eyes of the mask or by the fabric of a blackout hood. 

If a sculpted mask is used, wearer must also use a black balaclava underneath to cover the neck.

Thank you for your time

450px-SL_nihilus_cotf_blackout.jpeg

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly. I know of several people who tried wearing black masks under their white mask, and they had to stop wearing it because of discomfort or breathing difficulties. That's why a black mask wasn't required in the original CRL. 

I'll bump this as well, to help it gain some traction. the changes in requirements to the mask are keeping one of my friends from reactivating with his nihilus costume. also, a sculpted mask covering the lower half of the face looks really out of character.

Actually, the cloth blackout mask has been removed as an option for COTF Nihilus. This might have been updated in the last 2 months, since the option was available when I started working on this costume in March 2020. Now the only option is the hard plastic black mask.