• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Wicked Armor & COTF CRL

Saifai

Did the CRL Change?

wicked armor faceplate has 3 side ovals. CRL says 2. but as far as i know everyone was approved with a wicked armor faceplate so far. It should be no problem to remove one oval. I am just curious.

beside of the faceplate. Is there any other change that makes the wicked armor nihilus not approvable anymore?

There have been no changes to the CRL for the COTF Nihilus recently.  As for the rest of the costume it has been a while since I've seen the WA version of the costume, so I can't say for sure what would need to be changed.

I know there has been changes to it recently that has made it better for approval.

Isn’t that under tunic sewn in at the wa suit or at least something that makes it look like that.

But the faceplate has for sure 3 ovals. Not 2. maybe the gmos of the garrisons just didn’t notice that and approved them.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:59 AM, Saifai said:

Isn’t that under tunic sewn in at the wa suit or at least something that makes it look like that.

But the faceplate has for sure 3 ovals. Not 2. maybe the gmos of the garrisons just didn’t notice that and approved them.

In one of the other threads I was told the WA suit is missing the secondary tunic and that I would have to either make one or get a faux part sewn in. As for the mask, I only see 2 ovals in the photo from the WA web site (here). Can you explain what I'm not seeing? Thanks! Edit: ok, I see it now.

Update. Rob at WA told me that he includes an under tunic now. He said, "I try to keep up with the CRL always. We do have two tunics (vest like pieces) and a double layered skirt. I used to make a false layer on the tunic, which is the smart way to do it, but  some garrison took issue with that because it didn't say that on the CRL."

So, I'm hoping mine won't need work when I get it, or at least only slight mods. Wicked Armor seems really on top of the COTF version and has many approvals already (probably between 50 and 100 or more, based on my conversation with WA).

False tunic would absolutely be ok, but I can see where issue would lie with it. Maybe I can add some text to clarify. 
Oh, cool! Thanks for that. It would be nice to see an update to the CRL that also allows a layered structure to the skirt.

Not sure what part of the skirt you are referring to? Could you please clarify? 

I can see shortcuts with the tunic doubling as it's a border that is doubled, but the skirt is entirely separate parts and wouldn't really be easily, "faked", if that's what you're talking about. 

OOOOOR do you mean just having the skirt be a single skirt with overlapping panels all in one?

Either way, text about false double tunic has been added!

• Like 1

I can see shortcuts with the tunic doubling as it's a border that is doubled, but the skirt is entirely separate parts and wouldn't really be easily, "faked", if that's what you're talking about. 

OOOOOR do you mean just having the skirt be a single skirt with overlapping panels all in one?

Either way, text about false double tunic has been added!
Wow, you are RESPONSIVE! I'm saying that the skirt can be layered panels, giving the proper look along with necessary thickness. Wicked Armor uses this approach and apparently (according to him) has been approved for "over a hundred" submissions. I can't verify that of course, but it seems likely, since the finished product looks so good. I agree that a false skirt edge would not meet the standard in any way. It would be too thin.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, DarthValkyria said:

Should we update the COTF CRL to allow a mask with *either* 2 or 3 ovals? The WA mask gets approved without question all the time, so it seems it would only be fair to new submissions if they don't have to change it.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:52 PM, Gomcse said:

Should we update the COTF CRL to allow a mask with *either* 2 or 3 ovals? The WA mask gets approved without question all the time, so it seems it would only be fair to new submissions if they don't have to change it.

Which ovals, specifically? So many damn geometric shapes on that singular mask.

• Like 1

Which ovals, specifically? So many damn geometric shapes on that singular mask.

Exactly... You're making my point. At the top of the mask there are silver/metallic ovals. There's been some contention that either 3 or 2 are seen in the game. The CRL only specifies 2, but most people are approved with 3. WA makes theirs with 3, so all but a few approved costumes have 3. I'm recommending the CRL allow 2 or 3 so that everyone is on the same playing field, and so some people won't be denied approval when others were granted.

Thanks

Dave

We write the CRLs to the references. The references don't show 3, only 2 on each side and the large on in the center. 

If the masks are being approved to 3, then that is a GML call, but we shouldn't be adding non-existent details to CRLs just based on the fact that a maker of the costume has done it to theirs.

Capture.PNG

On 4/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, DarthValkyria said:

FYI, I spoke with the good folks at Wicked Armor and they said they'd make the mask with two ovals instead of three. I guess it's an easy fix.

Submitted for approval today! I noticed the CRL has been updated again, and blackout (cloth masks) are no longer allowed. Good thing I got the plastic one! I had Wicked Armor make some changes so that the mask only had 2 ovals instead of the 3 he normally makes. Also had them separate the inner tunic from the skirt, though that isn't an issue anymore thanks to DarthValkyria. The costume is comfortable and looks really good on me (if I do say so myself...) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

nD9knaM.jpg

X7Tvg3a.jpg

4uWNKik.jpg

v19xZkx.jpg

oUzry1r.jpg

3vxrGTT.jpg

10 hours ago, Gomcse said:

Submitted for approval today! I noticed the CRL has been updated again, and blackout (cloth masks) are no longer allowed. Good thing I got the plastic one! I had Wicked Armor make some changes so that the mask only had 2 ovals instead of the 3 he normally makes. Also had them separate the inner tunic from the skirt, though that isn't an issue anymore thanks to DarthValdyria. The costume is comfortable and looks really good on me (if I do say so myself...) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

nD9knaM.jpg

X7Tvg3a.jpg

4uWNKik.jpg

v19xZkx.jpg

oUzry1r.jpg

3vxrGTT.jpg

Looks nice, though you need to pull the cape over your shoulders and down behind your back, it is not correct like this. Good luck on the approval.

• Like 1