• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus KOTOR supplier questions.

Zwolfe

Hello all! 

I'm the new kid on the block and searching for direction. 

Trying to join the 501st with Darth Nihilus Kotor version. I was looking at wicked armor cause I saw that his COTF version was approveable, but didn't see anyone saying anything about his KOTOR version. 

As far as I can tell it looks right, but I don't have a huge eye for detail and so I figured I would ask those who have come before me. 

If his isn't, if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who is, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you for any help and info!

Zack

• Like 1

This is the mask they are currently selling for KOTOR.  If needed I can go elsewhere for max, but would love to know beforehand. 

Screenshot_20200212-115903_Chrome.jpg

Awesome. Any noted sellers for boots and gloves? 

Someone mentioned to me that his gloves weren't approvable. So want to make sure I'm in the right the first time. 

Was looking at these, but not sure if they flair out too much. 

Also would rain boots work ? Im having the darndest time finding jackboots that will fit my massive calf in em. 

il_794xN.1313774954_swlb.jpg

shopping.jpeg

Hi all, this is great info!  I had exactly the same question about Wicked Armor. Their KOTOR outfit is here:

https://wickedarmor.com/collections/inspired-by-kotor-darth-nihilus/products/costume-inspired-by-kotor-darth-nihilus

Assuming I get appropriate boots and gloves, this appears to be approvable, correct? I know the CRL states the local GML cannot approve this outfit and it must go through the LCO, so before I spend any more money (I'm an approved ROTS Vader and TI Reserve) I really need to make sure this costume will pass. 

Thanks! 

Dave

1 hour ago, Gomcse said:

Hello, but the costume itself is approvable from wicked armor?

I'm not able to say for sure if it's approvable as is.  The pictures don't show enough to make a for sure determination. 

1 hour ago, kracker98 said:

I'm not able to say for sure if it's approvable as is.  The pictures don't show enough to make a for sure determination. 

Hm. Okay. I have a message out to Wicked.  Their site description seems to follow the CRL but you never know.  I wish they participated in the forum so we could get them to a definite standard. It would probably be good for business too. Does anyone on the forum own one of these? I've checked through search but I'm new to this Detachment and might have missed something. 

1 hour ago, DarthValkyria said:

He actually did, but the problem is that no costume is approvable for everyone due to things like fit.

Hi Nina, yeah, I understand the part about "fit." I'm more interested in the quality of the fabric; the weave; details in the mask; the thickness of the material.  If those meet the standards then his outfit is a good one-stop shopping experience for the most important parts of the outfit.  Gloves and boots are easy.  I reached out to Robert (SL-7338) and asked specific questions and for detail photos. I also asked if he could comment in this thread, and I'm waiting for a response.  Your Darth Revan is AMAZING by the way.

28 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

For those cases you'll be fine. It is fine for approval. The game files were shitty so general texture match is plenty. 

Oh, cool. Then I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it next week (payday!).  I have Vader, but there are *many* times someone else is Vader and I have to be a TIE Reserve and show my face. I want to be anonymous more often, and this seems like a great way to do that. 

On 2/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, Gomcse said:

Hm. Okay. I have a message out to Wicked.  Their site description seems to follow the CRL but you never know.  I wish they participated in the forum so we could get them to a definite standard. It would probably be good for business too. Does anyone on the forum own one of these? I've checked through search but I'm new to this Detachment and might have missed something. 

Hi Gomcse!

I purchased the KOTOR version of Nihilus from Wicked Armor, but ended up making a handful of modifications to it to be more like the in-game model. I saw that you already replied to my build/comparison thread. Hopefully that thread will be of use for anything that you plan on tackling -- 

The major modifications were the mask, cowl, and cape, which I cover in the above thread. I'm willing to provide any of the tips that I've learned from the build as well as any source images that you may need. Unfortunately, Nihilus isn't in many scenes within the game.

I've provided updated images to Nina and her crew along with a few text tweaks for them to consider while they are revamping/completing the CRL for the KOTOR II Nihilus. Since elections just wrapped up, I've confirmed with Nina that there was a brief slowdown due to the leadership transitions at the legion level. I'd imagine in the coming weeks you will see updated CRL images and minor tweaks here and there to the text.

For gloves I went to an Etsy vendor, GamesPro, which no longer has a shop. The key is to find leather gloves that stop just short of your elbows.

z6ymVfe.png

For boots, I picked up Funtasma black boots (https://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser-Mens-Halloween-Captain/dp/B001AH60TC). I could have gone a bit higher end, but since barely any of the boot shows below the skirt, I didn't sweat it. 

Edited by TeaJay

I saw your description of mods... :-o it was...intimidating. LOL. I think the costume is approvable as-is, but like you did, getting to a specific look is often worthwhile and extremely satisfying. If there are levels of costume, i.e., basic, L2, L3, then you're defining that for sure.

We may buy the KOTOR II for my wife. It's less expensive by over $100, and my wife prefers clean vs tattered.

EDIT:  I put a very detailed reply into your build thread because I believe that's the best place for discussion. Your thread is the most complete, in-depth, relevant info I've found *anywhere.*

Dave