• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Possible Spoiler! Inquisitor Cal Kestis Screenshots

I took some photos on my ps4. For those who didn't play Jedi: Fallen Order yet. The Lightsaber hilt is optional i think. As you know, the play can edit his lightsaber to whatever he wants to make it look like ;)

https://imgur.com/a/194EBi6

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

This costume does look cool.

But it only existed as a vision and wasn't something that actually happened to Kal, so it's debatable if this could be a legion approved costume.

Its something you can see clearly in 360°. And Dark Rey is also just a Vision and it will surely be a Legion Approved costume i think ;)

So why shouldn't it become a Legion costume? :)

4 hours ago, TX-20113 said:

Its something you can see clearly in 360°. And Dark Rey is also just a Vision and it will surely be a Legion Approved costume i think ;)

So why shouldn't it become a Legion costume? :)

Dark Rey is being heavily debated if it qualifies or not. The argument being that Rey (and in this case Kal) never goes dark, just sees a version of themselves if they gave into the darkness, much like Luke in the tree on Dagobah.

The counter argument being that we allow Dark Ahsoka to be an approved costume, but that's something that actually happened to her, it wasn't a vision, or a slight moment of touching the dark side (which we've seen Ezra do, and Luke sort of when he's chocking guards and viciously attacking his father), she was fully possessed by the dark side in that episode.

So back to this version of Kal, I didn't say it can't be or shouldn't be an official thing, just that it's going to be debated (very few costumes aren't in some way or another lately).

Or maybe it won't be with the next LMO staff, they might be more open and willing to accept a wider variety of costumes, we won't know that until the elections are over.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Dark Rey is being heavily debated if it qualifies or not. The argument being that Rey (and in this case Kal) never goes dark, just sees a version of themselves if they gave into the darkness, much like Luke in the tree on Dagobah.

The counter argument being that we allow Dark Ahsoka to be an approved costume, but that's something that actually happened to her, it wasn't a vision, or a slight moment of touching the dark side (which we've seen Ezra do, and Luke sort of when he's chocking guards and viciously attacking his father), she was fully possessed by the dark side in that episode.

So back to this version of Kal, I didn't say it can't be or shouldn't be an official thing, just that it's going to be debated (very few costumes aren't in some way or another lately).

Or maybe it won't be with the next LMO staff, they might be more open and willing to accept a wider variety of costumes, we won't know that until the elections are over.

Its a point, yes, and i can agree with that. But on the other side its something we could call "screen accurate" and it is, in my opinion, a pretty cool costume. :) ;) so lets see what going on with it ;)

What about rather than an Inquisitor Cal (because of the reasons listed above), we had the option of a generic inquisitor? Could that be a possibility? With the recent update to the game and the option to play with the inquisitor skin, getting really good source material would be very easy using the game's photo mode.

Edited by GyozaGuy

On 5/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, GyozaGuy said:

What about rather than an Inquisitor Cal (because of the reasons listed above), we had the option of a generic inquisitor? Could that be a possibility? With the recent update to the game and the option to play with the inquisitor skin, getting really good source material would be very easy using the game's photo mode.

501st doesn't do generics (the argument could be made that costumes like the Imperial Officers/Crewman are "generic" since you don't have to be specifically General Veers, just someone who wears the exact same suit and accessories). There's always people that want to join with generic Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, Dark Jedi, Smugglers, Cantina/Jabba's thugs, etc. and a lot of times those costumes look great, but that's not what the 501st does. If you want to do a generic Inquisitor I'm sure The Dark Empire group would happily approve that.

501st doesn't do generics (the argument could be made that costumes like the Imperial Officers/Crewman are "generic" since you don't have to be specifically General Veers, just someone who wears the exact same suit and accessories). There's always people that want to join with generic Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, Dark Jedi, Smugglers, Cantina/Jabba's thugs, etc. and a lot of times those costumes look great, but that's not what the 501st does. If you want to do a generic Inquisitor I'm sure The Dark Empire group would happily approve that.

However, the RL does generic Jedi. The elements of the costume are similar enough to each other for the Inquisitors, and thus close to a uniform. It could feasibly work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, romanovgirl said:

However, the RL does generic Jedi. The elements of the costume are similar enough to each other for the Inquisitors, and thus close to a uniform. It could feasibly work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, RL is more lenient on generic things, over there I have my X-Wing pilot and I have my Bith musician, for fun I combined the two and have a Bith pilot, all RL approved. That's how they do things over there, but that's not how 501st does things. Honestly there's a better chance of getting generic Nightsisters to be a thing (I personally would love to see that be a thing).

Over on the IOC a group of us tried to make the case that there should be a CRL for Thrawn's other ranks (Lieutenant, Captain) since they appeared in the comic adaptation of the Thrawn novel. After some back and forth, it never happened. Oh well, collectively we all moved on. These things happen.

You are correct that there is uniformity to the elements that make up the various Inquisitors uniforms. If this is really something people want to do, do it, make the costume and submit it to try and get a CRL made. Best case scenario it's accepted and made an official CRL. Worst case they say "sorry no", it doesn't become a CRL here but you could probably get it approved for The Dark Empire costuming group or just have a really cool costume for cons.

I'm not writing all this to discourage anyone from trying something, I'm just sharing my experiences with making CRLs happen (501st Bith musician was because of me) getting some shut down (see previous IOC story) and working on various detachment staffs (current XO for Gunners).

Every LMO team is different, what one staff allows/doesn't allow will differ greatly from what the previous and next team will decided. Nothing ventured nothing gained, if you don't ask the answer will always be no, etc

Issue with Inquisitors is that theme is about as generic as it gets. Blacks, reds, and uniforms are there, but style, components, and accessories are too different to create and sort of generic foundation. We have seen many Jedi (hundreds) over the years, but only a handful of, "templates" for types of outfits and color variations that fit over the different classes of Jedi roles. The inquisitors only have a small number of members that we have seen, and every single one has looked different with different parts. If you try and create a template for the different versions, all you are doing are creating a CRL for each named character, similar to what we have now. 

The Inquisitors (unlike, say, the Acoytes), are not meant to be a generic role, but a highly specialized and unique class of, "soldier" under Vader, himself. 

Now we have the inquisitor Cal as a currently wearable option in the game. So, it's not just a vision anymore ;) what about that now? 501st could create the CRL for it. 

Still up to the LMOs as final decision for if it is eligible or not.

If it just a mod or external option to play as Cal vs it being an actual part of gameplay it wouldn't necessarily be eligible.

• Like 1

Current LMOs say they're good with it being valid for 501st entry so long as the references are met! Given the HD quality in the game, things like fabric texture are expected to be matched vs older games, and small details are important! Just a heads up. I know JoEllen did a beautiful job pulling textures for Second Sister, so the capability is there.

• Like 2

I have some good shots from my PS4 i can send all of them via email if you need. I know how important the HD quality is. With my worl on the actual Del Meeko CRL update it was necessary to have good references

• Like 1

Re-activating my question about the Inquisitor Cal Kestis now that Dark Rey has a CRL.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DarkRey

Obviously the argumentation that it is just a vision can't be a reason anymore. 

So, is the Flagship Eclipse going to make a Cal Kestis Inquisitor CRL?