• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Black Nebula build

melmelbur

I am trying to tackle making Mara Jade black bodysuit for 501st approval. 
I’m trying to find a good black piping for the costume. Did y’all purchase or have to make your own with leftover fabric. Also, does the triangle piece on the front also have piping around it? I can’t really tell when I try to do a search because some photos show it and now do not. 

I’ll post photos of my progress as I go. I will be making a muslin mockup so I know what I need to do so when I actually use my real fabric I don’t mess it up and waste. 

thank you! 
Melissa from Georgia, USA 

I made my own piping so it would match. Use elastic in it or it will snap, but make sure you anchor both ends or it will become loose and make your lines wiggle.

My approved triangle (which is really more a diamond) has piping down the sides (matching the princess seams), but where it joins the centre piece there is no piping.

Thank you for response. I actually ended up finding some PU black piping that has some stretch in it! I am still in the process of trying to build it.