• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Lightsaber

Roarcach

I have the fallen from saberforge and I highly recommend it if your not in a rush to get it. It is well constructed and has the built in charge port with a kill key if you want sound. The only down side with saberforge is they have the longest production time but I personally belive the quality is worth it. 

• Thanks 1

Personally, if you have the money, go with Ultimate Works. But if money is an issue (or you're looking to get both of his hilts) I'd go with Ultrasabers. Saberforge has a bad rep for not only stupid long wait times, but also issues with their electronics (lights quit working, batteries heating up, etc), there have also been issues with their customer service in regards to repairs. I will say that they make good looking hilts that are decent quality, but if you settle on the Fallen, get it empty and have someone else do the install.

9 hours ago, Naasad Tal said:

Personally, if you have the money, go with Ultimate Works. But if money is an issue (or you're looking to get both of his hilts) I'd go with Ultrasabers. Saberforge has a bad rep for not only stupid long wait times, but also issues with their electronics (lights quit working, batteries heating up, etc), there have also been issues with their customer service in regards to repairs. I will say that they make good looking hilts that are decent quality, but if you settle on the Fallen, get it empty and have someone else do the install.

Hi so I just heard the ultimate works one isn’t that loud and also there’s a delay on the swing? 

I also have never had luck with ultrasaber products as they always seem to arrive with wiring issues (broken wires, faulty connections, or faulty solder joints) even other members of my local saber guild have had that issue too, but luckily as I know how to solder I fixed mine and theirs as well.

Really no matter where you get from you run the risk of running into the problem of shoddy work being done to rush something out the door.

Also if you have bigger hands go ultrasabers as their sabers are a bit bigger, and saberforge run a bit slimmer.

• Like 1

Different question, but still about the lightsabers. There are quite a few events in my area that don't seem to allow prop weapons, including lightsabers (with the blade in, anyway). Has anyone found a way to attach the hilts to the suit while still being practical and within the CRL? I'd really like to carry them around.

For reference, I'm using Wicked Armor's Revan and my lightsabers are Ultrasabers. I bought them while still new to cosplay, or I would've gone with something else. They are on the heavier side, so I'm hesitant to strap them to the metal rings, and I can easily see them dragging the front/back of the armor down and out of place.