• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Merrin Research Thread

I can't stop taking screenshots of this girl, so I'll try to post only essentials.
Thank god for photo mode in video games, i've started a new playthrough to go to Dathomir to get those scenes when Merrin wears the hood and cape. And I've also noticed she has additional knee-parts on her boots.
K16ozAd2UXk.jpg
Nbi1Eaq5ocs.jpg1H8wJJrxLtA.jpgWq1PcGBFMBU.jpgEd8sydFAc0U.jpg nozChtYRHZU.jpg

her face cover is bugged and can dissappear at certain angles, but it's a good shot of details her headpiece
3kBq4FWto0w.jpg

And I also managed to get a decent picture of her boots after she takes off the cape
image.png.3cb684c7335beac46929ffad1c2833d4.pngimage.png.7389a037a9b1740e7e2efdb8c69a2148.png

Better look at inner parts of the gauntets and the shape of the glove on her palm
vA2gUQZx4lg.jpg

I'm also trying to scale the rock that she is using for magick or may be she has a couple of them.. it's rather large during story cutscenes, but gets really small during idle animation

5RLg1xrXyHE.jpg7uLKvfkgSVc.jpg

Edited by GoldenCat

Those closeup shots are effing fantastic! Great job! Those will come in REAL handy. 

Also, from what I can tell, same boot but cape version has the knee part, yes? Looks like it actually folds down and into the boot functionally based on the seams.

6 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Those closeup shots are effing fantastic! Great job! Those will come in REAL handy. 

Also, from what I can tell, same boot but cape version has the knee part, yes? Looks like it actually folds down and into the boot functionally based on the seams.

Maybe, but my money is on detachable ones. Just like the shoulder pieces - they are attached somewhere under the red tunic/dress, there is no need for them to disappear after she takes off the hood and the cape, but they do. It's like this is her full traditional costume, but when she decides to help the main character - she just leaves a lot of unnecessary things :lol:

I've played trhough all her apperances in the hood and cape - and every time she had those knee parts.
And I was able to find an angle when her hood dissappears. Sorry for cropped photos, it can only happen when her face is almost off-screen. I didn't expect there to be another detail, but it looks like she has a brown-ish headband.
-H0rWgG9LS4.jpgBLZ_o3mu2so.jpgjA3Vc9asTGw.jpg

I wonder what do you think of the headband and how it supposed to go around her head, but is lost in the textures..

Some close-ups of her face cover + texture of the red fabric. It looks like the inside of the balaclava is lighter gray.
T08Z1hLH1pk.jpg
RG7u4rtI0AY.jpg

It looks inspired by Ventress's hood from TCW
clone-wars_320-8.jpg

Edited by GoldenCat

I’m researching this build too, though sadly none of my pictures are worth sharing :-( Does it look like her pants have a seam down the front? Or is it pressed to have a crease? 

5 hours ago, Kryamla said:

I’m researching this build too, though sadly none of my pictures are worth sharing :-( Does it look like her pants have a seam down the front? Or is it pressed to have a crease? 

Hey! Glad to see you here. 
I think it's pressed to  have a crease - not only at the front, but at the back too.
2Pu2gpm-nGQ.jpgxo3xpdhKTFc.jpg

Edited by GoldenCat
  • Thanks 1

"I wonder what do you think of the headband and how it supposed to go around her head, but is lost in the textures.."

This does bring up an interesting issue, while wearing the hood you would never see the handband sides or back, just the front section that we're supposed to see. So the argument could be made that what we can't see isn't a deal breaker, much like a TK undersuit, if there's a logo that can't be see it's not really an issue because it's hidden by armor.

Yeah what's shown here is pretty much what would be required, with the constituent that it means hood stays up.

If you look at the sides, the gold stops at the ear with the pattern, so it isn't necessary to go all the way around. For ease of fluid construction, durability, and look, I would recommend having the leather headband strap go all the way around. 

This is getting more and more interesting. A fellow trooper pulled 3d models from the game and I have some more interesting finds. 
U4pMpD_MJhs.jpg

1) When Merrin has a cape - she only has a front tabard

5JYST_i2nE0.jpg

2) I was right that her headband is supposed to go around her head (i think it could be set for level 2 approval: like it's not required for basic approval - but it's more accurate)

TDSJzqkBw2s.jpgkxcg-xCa6pQ.jpg

3) Textures turned out to be really helfull, I wanted to get a clear reference for the pattern on her red collar and yay!
image.thumb.png.e0ced49ccfb5911a7ffd1e3b4f06e80d.png

• Like 1

Those are great finds! Would the cowl/cape be optional items for approval? What are people’s thoughts on the red tunic fabric? I was thinking linen and my friend suggested wool. Sorry for all the questions :blink:

Colors: My thoughts are that the shirt is a charcoal grey, pants black, tunic red, belt and arm bracers deep dark brown.   

Has there been talk about what fabrics this is supposed to be?  I haven't done the indepth study yet of Merrin compared to second sister. 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:48 AM, Drazan said:

Colors: My thoughts are that the shirt is a charcoal grey, pants black, tunic red, belt and arm bracers deep dark brown.   

Has there been talk about what fabrics this is supposed to be?  I haven't done the indepth study yet of Merrin compared to second sister. 

I don't think that her pants are black, i would say that they are dark grey, just a bit darker than her shirt.
https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2019_11/image.png.c5dc72928e020212d6b0bba9ab5dcbe6.png

In case people are interested, Gio (the custom boot maker for costumes such as Seventh Sister) is starting a template to make Merrin boots. Not sure how long it'll be, but they generally make some damn good boots, and will make them to your custom measurements. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

In case people are interested, Gio (the custom boot maker for costumes such as Seventh Sister) is starting a template to make Merrin boots. Not sure how long it'll be, but they generally make some damn good boots, and will make them to your custom measurements. 

Maybe you have his address so I can write to him?