• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Lord Fanatic: From Vader to Revan

GStam66

Hey all,

Just joined this site as I've completed my ESB Vader (working on approval) and I'm looking for something a little more comfortable to wear to parties/troops/events. Figured Revan was always a favorite of mine, and I did a bit of a half-assed Revan suit a few years ago (with some mask from Etsy). 

I'd like to complete a proper Revan suit, so I'll be looking for guidance around which vendors have good approvable costume parts that won't break the bank (Vader was insanely expensive). 

I'll also post up a picture of the mask to see if it's approvable. 

Any advice you guys can give would be appreciated, thanks!

The best go-to for Revan is still MWA if you want minimal work out of the box. You'll need to tweak the rings at the bottom, but easy enough. Make sure you buy a new version direct from Rob as it is more accurate than previous versions.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, DarthValkyria said:

The best go-to for Revan is still MWA if you want minimal work out of the box. You'll need to tweak the rings at the bottom, but easy enough. Make sure you buy a new version direct from Rob as it is more accurate than previous versions.

Much appreciated, thank you!

This is the mask I have, got it from some seller on Etsy years ago. Would this be approvable? Seems to hit the necessary factors in the crl?

B85goeZ.jpg

I would say the mask itself looks ok, but you might need to repaint as the grey parts look a bit too light, it's supposed to be dark grey. Do you remember the name of the store on Etsy where you got the mask from?

Edited by Naasad Tal

Shape wise it's good which is the most important part, but color wise, I agree with Naasad Tal. There should also be a break in the reds on the nose area with differing shades. Screenshot_20191110-030817_Chrome.jpg

Ah yeah, I'm seeing that "T shape" now, damn lol. 

I'll sand the paint off and redo it. Darken the grey, differentiate the red more, and I might make the red "brow" a bit higher. 

I can't find any info on the seller I got it from, it was about 3-4 years ago, paid like 50-60 bucks for the thing. It's some kind of resin. I am noticing that one "cheek" is rounded, though, while the other is straight. I'm used to having an asymmetrical helmet with Vader haha, but I'm thinking Revan's shouldn't be that way. 

Thank you for your input!

On 11/14/2019 at 12:30 PM, Prockiw said:

If you end up getting from wicked armour most of his options of armour come with the mask too which I find to be very comfortable as well as accurately painted.

I was contemplating getting that mask, since it covers the cheeks too, but I kinda prefer my metal greeblies lol. They add a bit more to the look. 

I'm not a fan of the paint on the wicked armor, might want to redo it and darken the red above the brow/around the "T", and weather it a bit more.