• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

TFU USE PC - Costume Screenshot Project

Koda Vonnor

I purchased The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for PC today. Played it on 1920x1200 to beginning of TIE facility level and popped in the cheat-code for all costumes. Queued up the General and took some screenies in that first corridor. Basically from all points of the compass and 7-8 different vertical angles.

I plan on taking the same close-ups for all of the Starkiller costumes, as well as specific element details. There will be 60+ pix for each costume and framing each one can be tedious, so bear with me. Check back here for updates.

Here is the General Kota series.

I already found some interesting details in the Starkiller gauntlet that to-date have been overlooked in reproduction.

Stay tuned, light training gear coming tomorrow.

~ Vonnor

Guest DZ-6489

Nice shots of Kota. Its funny seeing him with Starkillers lightsaber. Thank a lot for taking the time out to post these Mr.Costigan. Looking forward to the Starkiller ones, especially the Tusken stalker.

Fantastic! The detail in the Koda images is very good, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you can make for the rest of the costumes, too.

It's tradition..... we don't get to have great reference images for new characters until after spending months dealing with the frenzy of "OMG I HAVE TO MAKE THIS COSTUME RIGHT NOW even though there are no clear references yet!! Gyaaahhh!!!" :wink:

Thank you for sharing the references. It's very helpful, and greatly appreciated. I've been given a big file of turnarounds, screen caps, and promotional artwork for the various characters, so I'm working on getting those posted up for references, too. Mary Franklin requested that a copyright line be placed on them before they're uploaded to our gallery, so I spent the better part of the evening last night getting them all sorted, sized, and copyright stamped. As long as our internet connection holds out tonight, I'm hoping to get all of them uploaded. We're finally getting a really good collection of reference images to use!

I already found some interesting details in the Starkiller gauntlet that to-date have been overlooked in reproduction.

Details!

StarkillerGauntletText.jpg

StarkillerGauntlet.jpg

What you cannot see in your pix due to the lighting Pam, are the 4 vent-slots in the side panel of the gauntlet, and what looks like 4 black capped cylinders near the wrist in line with the text display unit. I will be sure to capture all the details in tomorrow's cap-set.

TFU_PC_SK_Detail_001.png

~ BC

Starkiller Training Gear set is up. I will try to do one costume set a day as time permits. Takes a couple hours per set.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305 ... FU_USE_PC/

Some Details:

TrainingGear_TunicClosure_detail.jpg

TrainingGear_Belt_Scaling_detail.jpg

TrainingGear_Gauntlet_detail.jpg

It seems on Firefox + Vista, the images show WAAAYYY too dark! Don't know if it's from Photoshop Elements, or some issue with FF or Vista. Seem to be closer to real game color in MS Internet Explorer.

Stay away from viewing these in FF on Vista, best in MSIE.

~ Vonnor

You can scale any on-screen costume or armor element to your own body using ratios. If you know any real (your own body) measurement and compare that to the corresponding on-screen measurement (approximate is usually close enough), you get a ratio. You can use that ratio to figure out unknown measurements.

For example this is how I would find out how wide to make the bottom edges of the shoulder armor if I was building it for myself...

How_to_scale_costume_elements.png

~ Vonnor

Guest Anonymous

I look forward to your additional reference pics! Thanks for doing this!

There is at least one constume I'd like to try at some point.

Guest Daritha

Awesome work old man ... but hands off my lightsaber. Do I do this with your- .... err, nevermind. :oops:

I really appreciate the close-up shots of the gauntlet. I have much work to do with this one, also with some other details. Well, except for photos my Mirialan Jedi is finished. The shedule is free again. ^^

...hands off my lightsaber. Do I do this with your- .... err, nevermind. :oops:...

hehe... you're a funny guy, boy.

8)

I don't get time during the work-week, but I'll post up one or two more sets on the weekend.

Sith stalker armor next. Quite some interesting detail on that one!

~ Old M..... er... I mean Vonnor

Guest Daritha

Thank you for this kind words, General. =)

Since this affects the Starkiller theme a bit (and I'll hope Pam don't get seizures for another Starkiller debate): Over at the Rebel Legion forum, we have a little discussion about Starkiller's lightsaber.

According to the novel, Starkiller's lightsaber was destroyed when Vader throws him round and around onboard the Executor. When he awaked, he wears a Sith outfit similar to one of the robes available in the game itself. And Kota's lightsaber.

In the game itself, he always wears his own lightsaber.

Since the lightsaber hilt is of minor canon it might be not a worthy discussion but are both lightsabers possible for Starkiller (in his Empirical or Bespin outfit, when you can count him as a Sith or at least a Fringe character)?

I don't want to start an enlarged discussion here but I played these days the Empirical level again and just saw Starkiller's lightsaber on the excellent high-res photos here.

Typically, when recreating an EU character whose visual references all agree, the disagreeing non-visual reference (book text) is discounted. Starkiller is primarily a video game character, and only secondarily a book character.

But this is my own conclusive opinion, and in no way official.

~ BC

It seems on Firefox + Vista, the images show WAAAYYY too dark! Don't know if it's from Photoshop Elements, or some issue with FF or Vista. Seem to be closer to real game color in MS Internet Explorer.

Stay away from viewing these in FF on Vista, best in MSIE.

~ Vonnor

You know, I wonder if something like that might be the cause of all of the black vrs. brown arguments. I've been bombarded with emails and PM's from guys who swear that Starkiller's tunic is black in the references. Perhaps it might have something to do with the tv/computer screen or the web browsing progam being used when they are looking at the reference images. But gentlemen, the references clearly show a dark brown tunic, and the game's designers told us that it is dark brown... so that's that! The tunic is brown. The only black piece on this costume is the undershirt. Everything else is various shades of dirty dark brown. (Starkiller doesn't use Tide With Bleach when he does his laundry, I guess. Or, perhaps he just doesn't do his laundry at all!)

I see what you mean about the shading on the turnarounds hiding those cylinders from view on his gauntlet. There's just a black shadowed area on the turnarounds, but there are definitely spikes on the screen caps. Good find!

Thank you again for sharing these images. They'll be invaluable to our costumers!

Pam :-)

You can scale any on-screen costume or armor element to your own body using ratios. If you know any real (your own body) measurement and compare that to the corresponding on-screen measurement (approximate is usually close enough), you get a ratio. You can use that ratio to figure out unknown measurements.

For example this is how I would find out how wide to make the bottom edges of the shoulder armor if I was building it for myself...

Ha! I am definitely going to use this the next time I'm teaching ratios to my students. They always grumble about math not having any use in real life... well, kiddos, here's a great example. Now, Darth Teacher says go make yourselves a set of Starkiller armor for homework!

Pam :-)