• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Black-listed website! Avoid www.saberforge.com!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I have never done this before, so I hope this amplifies my seriousness.

AVOID www.saberforge.com!

Online aliases include: SaberForge and airsoftmode.

Summary: Despite many mixed reviews, but none like my problem, I decided to place an order with www.saberforge.com for TWO (2) of his SaberSound 1.0 boards. At this time there were more than 50+ boards listed as "in stock" and they were temporarily discounted from $59.99 down to $49.99. On Nov.29, 2009, I placed my order totaling $117.98 and immediately paid through PayPal.

On Dec.03, 2009, I received a shipping notification that my order had shipped.

On Dec.15, 2009, I received a package from SaberForge. The customs slip indicated that the contents included two (2) sound boards. Inside, there was only a single board. The shipping envelope arrived in good condition, with no rips, tears, holes, and gaps created when initially sealed. Also, the package was NOT opened by customs.

I immediately emailed SaberForge at the email address indicated on his website (sales@saberforge.com). I was very poilite, and made no accusations. I sent another email again on Dec.16. I sent another email on Dec.22 to another email I dug up (airsoftmode@earthlink.net), and another on Dec.23 to both email addresses. I did not receive a single reply. I even sent copies of these emails from a second email account of mine. I also sent a PM on the TCSS website and the FX-Sabers.com website. Still nothing.

On Dec.28, 2009, I sent a final email. With no sign of reply, I am resorting to this step. If there is time left, I will investigate generating a PayPal complaint. I may be out $50, and do not want this to happen to anyone else. I will be seeding this post on numerous websites to maximize coverage.

For additional details, here is the "whois" profile: http://www.who.is/whois/saberforge.com/

Guest Anonymous

I hope things work out well for you. I have dealt with Saberforge in the past (2 custom lightsabers) both arrived in good order but did take a bit longer than I expected.

Guest Anonymous

This is the same guy that used to be concept props. He seems to be fairly inconsistant with the way he deals with customers. Sometimes he is good seller and other times he is not. I would not do another deal with this guy. Most of these saber makers are not 501st. I know these brothers that make sabers that are awesome and they are 501sr. I would rather deal with them.

Bump because after 5 years this is still relevant. he steals designs from other saber makers and passes it off as his own. he will buy a new type of blade or a new type of hilt from another maker and then reverse engineer and mass produce it.

I have heard of some issues with saberforge and have steered clear of them... my recommendation is to use http://ultrasabers.com instead... they may be a bit more expensive but they arrived quickly and you get what you order.. if there is going to be a delay with your order they contact you also. Just my two cents worth...

Please note that I am in no way paid for my endorsement either through material or monetary incentives. I really just like the company. (I have been accused of being a rep before by people because I "sounded scripted" or some nonsense)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk