• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Canadian Imperial Knight

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was sure I had posted this already, but it looks like I haven't.

============================================================

The forum logged me out in the middle of creating the original lengthy post, so this will be updated piece-meal. And it keeps logging me out every 3 or 4 minutes. :@ :@

============================================================

The fibreglass armour is from Sith Planet.

The custom leather boots are from Carlos Diaz.

The leather belt pouches are from eBay.

The 1.5" embroidered Imperial cogs are from a 501st or RL member (don't remember who ATM).

The Imperial buckle "wheel" is from Elvis Trooper.

I cloak was heavily modded from my very FIRST Jedi cloak. I based it on a style seen in Legacy issue # (don't remember ATM), but they had front sections in addition to the standard "cape". Eventually, I would like to replace/upgrade with a more accurate red-brown cloak.

I built my lightsaber up from a base of MHS parts from The Custom Saber Shop. I installed a MR Luke FX sound board to power a white P4 led and upgraded the speaker. I have several blade styles in my collection, and change them around depending on the venue, and potential for lightsaber combat.

At some point, I will probably modify the gauntlets from the 1-piece (based on the cover art of Legacy #6), into the standard 2-piece style.

I made my all-leather belt based on patterns posted by Thomas Spanos a couple years ago. I am VERY happy with how it turned out.

I also plan on making the full back armour, eventually. Though I really like how well the whole costume breaths without back armour.

I may also upgrade the sleeves to pleather, to try to show the "quilting" effect more easily. Though I will miss the breathability.

On a side note: I'm certain I am the only IK in Alberta, and possibly the only one in all of Canada. If there are other Canadian IKs, please let me know!

And now for some pictures.........

18%28KentMcKay%29_600.jpg

IMG_0891_600x800.jpg

IMG_0893_600x800.jpg

IMG_0892_600x800.jpg

IMG_0900_600x800.jpg

IMG_0901_600x800.jpg

IMG_0902_600x800.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Hurrah another Imperial Knight! :) Glad to hear that you'll be working on the backplate as well in order to make it more accurate - although great job thus far!

There IS another IK in Canada, I met Randy at FanExpo 2009. He goes on these forums as TR-0773.

Guest Anonymous
Hurrah another Imperial Knight! :) Glad to hear that you'll be working on the backplate as well in order to make it more accurate - although great job thus far!

There IS another IK in Canada, I met Randy at FanExpo 2009. He goes on these forums as TR-0773.

Excellent! Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, he is on the other side of the country, so I doubt there will ever be much chance of us trooping together. Though I REALLY REALLY want to bring my IK (along with my Mando) to CV! I would LOVE to be part of an IK gathering!

And, thanks for the kinds words!

Guest Daritha

Your Knight looks very good, Mr. Ranger. ^^

The uniform is very form-fitting and looks good on you. Just: Better leave the glasses on the shots next time. ;)

I would LOVE to be part of an IK gathering!

The would be so cool to see. A dozen IKs or so in formation. *shiver*

Guest Anonymous

Greetings brother!

Congratulations on completing a most excellent looking suit. Nice to know where another set of 10, Sith Planet armour went to.

Chances of us trooping together one day are better than average as I will be moving back to BC from Ottawa in time, and I look forward to trooping an event or 2 in Alberta.

Guest Anonymous
Greetings brother!

Congratulations on completing a most excellent looking suit. Nice to know where another set of 10, Sith Planet armour went to.

Chances of us trooping together one day are better than average as I will be moving back to BC from Ottawa in time, and I look forward to trooping an event or 2 in Alberta.

Greetings!!

Any idea when you may be moving? The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo (April 24-25, 2010) is always a big event. In our local Fan Force, we have a Cade Skywalker and a Darth Talon. Cade (aka Shawn) and I coordinate our Cade and IK outings. Darth Talon only went once, and only for a couiple hours, as her body paint was too cheap and began flaking REALLY soon last year.

http://www.calgaryexpo.com/

Guest Anonymous
Your Knight looks very good, Mr. Ranger. ^^

The uniform is very form-fitting and looks good on you. Just: Better leave the glasses on the shots next time. ;)

I would LOVE to be part of an IK gathering!

The would be so cool to see. A dozen IKs or so in formation. *shiver*

Thank you! And yeah, I forgot my glasses case when I when I was out, so the safest place for my glasses was still on my face.

Guest Anonymous

Woah wonderful knight...

good work!!!!

i think it's great the possibility of an imperial knight with glasses...

nobody's perfect in the galaxy :P

Guest Anonymous
i think it's great the possibility of an imperial knight with glasses...

nobody's perfect in the galaxy :P

Even adds a touch of 'class' perhaps?! :D

Anyway, thanks for the kinds words everyone! If there is interest, I could probably take and upload some closeups of my belt, or anything else, if someone wanted more reference pics. It certainly appreciated the variety that I found while researching my own.

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunately I do not know when I return to the retirment capital of Canada (Victoria), the wife (Navy/Air Force) is conducting stage 2 (of 3) of our plans to return home. As she is the main bread winner and I'm the b---- support member (wife)Navy reservist) in the relationship, I'm patiently waiting (on a nail bed) to return home, which we predict is within a year. But a trip to Calgary for events is definitely in the works!

TK 5059 Michelle N Does a quality kick ass Darth Talon! She is a Badlander! Maybe you can coerce SL 8207 or GM 3330 into a new project??

A trio of the Darth Talons, would definitely be good incentive for joining the Dark Side!

Just a thought!