• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help with robes

Raelyna

I have commissioned the Traya robes and my seamstress is working hard to ensure I will meet the CRL, but we are both struggling with the front after the belt, should it wrap? Can there be a front seam at all? I have WIP photos but, I've not been able to attach them. I may try using screen shots from my cell so they are smaller. Any help you can give me would really be appreciated!

As already mentioned - no wrap unless you mean the pleats ?  

One V-opening in front from the shoulders to the waist and it stops at the belt.  There are pleats from the shoulders all the way down to the floor on the front of the dress in both sides of the skirt, and there shall be some gathering of the fabric on the back of the lower skirt but not like the pleats in front.  

The seams are visible on the sleeves for your hidden pockets - which is not approvable.  I would put the pockets on the inside of the skirt instead. 

The seam down in the front of the skirt should not be there. 

There need to be more gathering of the fabric on the back of the skirt.  The pleats looks fine on the front, but should not go over the shoulders and down the back.

To go about some of the above issues - you could ask the seamstress to cut the dress in two (upper and lower part), gather some more fabric on the back of the skirt,  get rid of the seam in the front of it but keep the pleats from the shoulder down to the floor in the front of the skirt, and then sew it back together for 1 piece.  That is how I did mine to get the right look.

This is a tricky costume to make, but you´re on the right track :wink: