• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dha'ward's Starkiller

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright before i even post pics i know its pretty bad. Like i said on my intro page i kinda made a first crappy version that fell to the way side when i made my Mando Armor. The New Year will ring in me reworking this thing. Ive already got rid of the sheet metal shoulder armor. Im gonna re work the whole thing and im so glad i found this forum so i hope you guys can give me some hints as i work toward my ultimate goal.

DSCN0773.jpg

Guest Daritha

Get rid of the beard wold be a good first advice, hi hi. Okay, just kidding.

Seriously: Your stature fits that of Starkiller very good. Very important are the shirt (need to be an obi, like a Jedi obi), the legs (its is hard to find right ones with a good shape and form) and the clavicle armor. The last one must be accurate in shape and thickness.

Still in debate is: Does Starkiller's clothes are black or dark brown. The first approved Starkiller wears a dark brown variant, the second approved (me ^^) wears a black variant.

Here are some important links:

- Standards for Starkiller (some details are still in discussion but they are gold nontheless!)

- DZ-6489's Starkiller (SL-6489)

- Daritha's Starkiller (SL-2993)

Guest Anonymous

Yeah ive had a lot of people tell me that my stature fits well. As soon as the new year rolls around il be getting back to it.

Now the obi. Thats the jacket like thing below in a Jedi tunic right?

I also think im gonna go with the black variant seeing as i have a ton of black material laying around.

Now im not going for 501st status with this. The local 501st and my local Mercs have had some difficulties in the past and at the moment dont plan on going for membership. Im happy just being a Merc at the moment. That being said i want to make this as close to 501st quality as possible but if i have to take short cuts i will, until i wish to shoot for membership/

Guest Daritha

Its okay if you're not going for membership yet. Difficulties between fan groups are unfortunately something that happens and not everybody is mature enough to forget the past if he feels in right. However, I hope that the argument between your groups are resolved soon. I hate it when Star Wars fans are in trouble with each other. (I mean: We're adults who like to dress in fantasy movie costumes in our free time ... why do we need to argue with each other about how to dress better in fictional clothes?)

Exactly this one, right.

I also think im gonna go with the black variant seeing as i have a ton of black material laying around.

If you feel right for the black one, do it. And if you need any help, I'm here. :)

Guest Anonymous
Its okay if you're not going for membership yet. Difficulties between fan groups are unfortunately something that happens and not everybody is mature enough to forget the past if he feels in right. However, I hope that the argument between your groups are resolved soon. I hate it when Star Wars fans are in trouble with each other. (I mean: We're adults who like to dress in fantasy movie costumes in our free time ... why do we need to argue with each other about how to dress better in fictional clothes?)

Exactly this one, right.

If you feel right for the black one, do it. And if you need any help, I'm here. :)

Thanks alot. Now depending on if i do to a local con or not with the Mercs il be working on this soon

Guest Anonymous

So i was forced to opt out of the local Mercs event so il have some extra cash handy. Im gonna get around to seeing if i do want to go back to using the sheet metal shoulder armor or not.

Any suggestions on how to bond metal to metal well thats not welding?

there are some adhesives, but depending on how thick the metal is. I've used some, but it was mostly to attached small pieces together. So I am not sure how well it would work on large pieces, plus you'd get a seam. You may want to try heat and bashing the metal, that way you can get the curve.

Seriously though sintra might be an easier option (well depending on your metal working skill) it is relatively thick, it bends with the application of heat (heat gun or boiling water) and it sands/paints really well.

Guest Anonymous

Cut out the loin cloths today. Gonna cut out the leg wraps and do some weathering tomorrow.

0607001630.jpg

Guest Anonymous

First lemme say i have never used a one of those cheap 2 dollar lighters before and when i got one to do the burns on the loin cloth look what i get

0608001635.jpg

A nasty old burn on the thumb. ouch.

anyway. i switched at the last minute to a tan colored loin cloth since looking at the pics it looks heavy stained tan to me. here is the work ive done today

0608001640a.jpg

0608001640.jpg

Guest Anonymous
I used simple candles for the burning process. They worked very good.

yeah i think il switch to that. Lol

the best way I've found to rip something when making my nihilus was to put the fabric between a hard surface and a wood rasp, keep pressure on the rasp and just pull the fabric out. works brilliantly. I'd suggest you try it in addition to your burning.

Guest Anonymous
the best way I've found to rip something when making my nihilus was to put the fabric between a hard surface and a wood rasp, keep pressure on the rasp and just pull the fabric out. works brilliantly. I'd suggest you try it in addition to your burning.

Oooo i have one of those. thanks! When i get my tunic in il use that on the loins!

i know this thread is a little old, but i felt that i'd throw in a piece of advice for weathering fabric and soft parts. take sandpaper to them. if you have a mouse sander lay out your piece and go at it all over, it takes that "new" look right out in a hurry.

Guest Anonymous

Whats the best way you guys suggest for making the belts? I work at an Army Navy story and already found a belt exactly like the largest one.

Guest Anonymous

Woo for thread revitalization! So! This was my Starkiller as of last febuary.

DSCN0773.jpg

Yeah.....not so good.

Since then ive found the Flagship Eclipse Forum and started work on it once again!

Loin clothes burned. Yet to be weathered

1031002039a.jpg

Base of the armor

1031002038.jpg

1031002039.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Bought the tunic and undershirt today. should be getting it the end of the month. Il be getting the boots sometime in the next two weeks