• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Kestrelle's Darth Talon WIP

Kestrelle

Hello everyone! Ige been working on redoing my Darth Talon costume for 501st standards. I'm close to having her where o was her to be, although I want to redo these things in order of priority. Any feedback on the costume is welcome! I'm here to try and improve her.

1. New Headband: I made the pattern to go just under the Lekki curves because that's what my references look like, but I think to look accurate the earbuds need to be lower.

2. Paint straps: I just painted the back of the armor straps black so they won't be glaringly noticeable if they show a little bit

3.  Boots: I've really been struggling with the boots. I have a boot cover that i think. Looks fine, but I haven't had much luck thrifting a base shoe.  One that goes just past the bottom of the armor would be ideal so I don't have to glue the covers to them. I made a second pair of leggings with foot pockets, and glued some water shoe soles to them,  similar to how spidey suits are made. But I feel like it looks like a super hero suit and not a boot.

4. Re-sew gloves: nothing wrong with them. They're just really old and the pleather is going to peel off soon. I might permanently see some "straps" to them, abdctgen connect the armor with magnets just to cut down on the time it takes to  get into costume.

5. Add expanding foam to Lekku curves

6. Bra adjustments. I overall like how the bra turned out, but I've gained weight since making it, and can't wear a bra underneath it anymore. So I'd like to make a new one that's big enough to have the support of an actual bra.

IMG_20190916_122746_345.jpg

Wow! These look great! Serious kudos on your lekku headpiece transition blend. 

Nothing is sticking out to me as off, though I 100% understand having to remake some parts for weight issues. 

Great job!