• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Joak Starkiller Dark Lord armor WIP

Joak

Hello there, the costume is still in progress, but sadly the armor is not up to my standard so i have to ask, do you recommend any maker or vendor for the shoulder and chestpieces?, im kinda stressed, im not a short guy (6,1 and athletic build). Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Enviado desde mi SM-M205FN mediante Tapatalk

I recommend Wicked Armor. I have their Starkiller and it is fantastic. Contact them. 
Thanks, i already wrote rob, gotta ask, is the armor made from resin?, fiberglass?

On 10/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, Joak said:

I´m a little nervous about removing the battery pack... the wires seems fragile :oops:

The wires are fragile, but I can say this... I have had better luck with my SK saber without sound than I did my SK saber with sound.  

also, I don’t know if this is something that you can do, resin printer?   I have seen a lot of people have great things from a resin printer!   I got some monster clay recently and decided to make more molds of ones I have made myself.  

my trooping set I use is from Wicked Armor, since he’s local to myself it is great!   Great work and fantastic to talk to!   Couldn’t recommend him enough!   I’m extremely pleased with his work!

Edited by btabc

I'm in contact with Rob but comunication has been slow to say the least...

Well, more work done, tk style neckseal: check8ff77ea078b71ebecd7bf2f3cc204dd2.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the quality, i will upload with the pc since tapatalk lowers the quality. Armor has been ordered!!!!!!

Quick question, does anybody wear a sound system in the armor like the transducer some vader guys use? Or just an aker? If so where do you hide it? (For my mando i use a pouch but its not possible here). Thanks

Sorry for the lack of update, but i have awesome news (spoiler alert), i finished the kit and got approved!!, will be posting the process during the following daysc523baaed0502137837c3d501859bd8e.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats!!
Thanks mate, any idea where should i send the pics to get the costume into the legend status? Thanks in advance!!

On 10/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Joak said:

Sorry for the lack of update, but i have awesome news (spoiler alert), i finished the kit and got approved!!, will be posting the process during the following daysc523baaed0502137837c3d501859bd8e.jpg

Looks nice. How is the Backside?

On 3/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, Joak said:

Quick question, does anybody wear a sound system in the armor like the transducer some vader guys use? Or just an aker? If so where do you hide it? (For my mando i use a pouch but its not possible here). Thanks

i use a JBL Speaker in mx Backpack with a Looping Breathing ans some random lines. No Mics yet.