• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Bane (Clone Wars)

Trachta

Hi all, I decided to make Darth Bane and if successful it will be the second CRL I made for the legion (first was Tessek).  I've been wanting to do him for a long time, and just now worked up the courage to start this project. 

Reference Images: 

BHCJ1cG.jpg

ddYjaYK.png

pV7RJic.png

16lLc50.png

nL4WSp0.jpg

soYxD01.jpg

SDlQHqL.jpg

Costume pieces:

Helmet/mask:  

-The Helmet is a rough looking dark grey in color, with a pale white gold color trim.  The mask itself is a white gold color as well.  The helmet is accompanied by a decorative piece on it that stretches to the sides with 2 "ears" .  The helmet also ends with a scoop in the back.  There are multiple small detail lines on the helmet.   The large ears also have pale white gold detail.  The mask is similar to a skull (but it is not a skull mask).  It has two eyes holes and a nose section that is covered up by something black.  The top of the helmet also has a what I can only describe as a "thing".  The ears also flair out a little.

Undead (make up/appliances/ silicone/latex?):

-Darth Bane is a force spectre and underneath his armor and he looks like a corpse.  The back of his neck has a protruding spine and his fingers and long and bony. Not to mention his skin has taken on a grayish decayed look.

torso Armor:

-The top section of the armor with the protruding shoulder things is rigid.  The shoulder pieces are a white gold color, with the bottom section of it being a more darker white gold color.  There is detail on the collar and the chest has light pieces.  Below the rigid part, the torso armor is leather or a leather like material.  I would say it's marine black color (very dark blue/black).  Leather torso is 2 parts, the main body which is essentially a leather shirt , and then the bands.  

Under suit:

-Bane wears a burgundy or dark red pants and shirt that is slightly baggy

Arm Armor:

-He has shoulder plates with detail on them and white gold etchings, the forearms also have the etchings.  The plates are a medium grey in color.  The forearm plate armor is accompanied by a black leather or leather like material underneath and a grey insert where the straps go on top of. 

Belt: 

-His belt is detailed and black in color.  He has a grayish colored belt buckle and 2 boxes (one on each side of his hip) with lights.

Kama 1:  

-Same color and material as torso is, it's very similar to an arc trooper Kama.  It comes down to the middle of the knee.

Kama 2:

-This one is hard to believe but those are not plates apparently attached to his belt.  Those pieces are a light cloth material.  How I discovered this, while watching the video of his appearance, those pieces were flowing around in the wind and acted as fabric. 

gac5lhP.jpg

LFXYIsD.jpg

9AcS96g.jpg

This too also has white gold detailing and is the same color as the plate armor.

Hand:

-His hands are bony with long black nails.  I'm not 100% that his fingers are elongated though.  He has black fabric finger less gloves and a hand plate with detailing. 

Boots:

-The boots have shin plate armor with black leather or leather like material backing it with a grey insert to keep the armor and straps in place.  The shoe and shin is separated by a fabric piece, kind of like a thick sock.  Shoe is light gray and flat toed with a plate on top.

Weapon:

-A pole arm energy weapon, about 4 feet in length.  

Progress:

I've pretty much finished modeling the helmet and I've started the mask.

Reference: 

o9ikgvC.jpg

My model:

uhz8iz8.jpg

faNXypg.jpg

Let me know what you guys think about all this so far.

Just got the faux leather for the tunic piece, it's a marine dark Navy blue.  It looks Navy in bright light, but almost black with normal light.

UnECOIg.jpg

Edited by Trachta