• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Saber?

Grimwalker

I thought the Nihilist from Saberforge was the more or less "Official" version of Nihilus. Since the game is so low rez I didn't know if a saber with the flared circular emitters would pass overall since there really is no detail to speak of.

Do judges specifically look for the Saberforge Reborn/Fallen or Ultrasaber Savior/Butcher? 

On a related subject--is there a preferred saber for light side Revan, as seen in Galaxy of Heroes? 

The Revan hilt has low res game files and the Star Wars encyclopedia high res reference images located in the gallery. The link linked is specifically created for COTF Nihilus, hence the hilt name, Nihilist.

Galaxy of Heroes has not had details submitted for approval as there are differences between it and KOTOR, so at this time, if they differ from the game file or encyclopedia photo references (both are pictured in the CRL) then they aren't usable for the currently approved Revan.

At any rate, Jedi Knight Revan would be a submission to the Rebel Legion, not 501st, and RL allows submission of costumes without an approved standards document so long as sufficient reference material can show all angles. I just thought someone might have an idea. 

(Closest I’ve seen is someone’s suggestion that the game reuses Kit Fisto’s saber hilt but the low polygon count makes it hard to say.)

501st requires a, "New to the Legion" process for approval of costumes that are not publicly viewable on the official CRL page. It is probably similar to the RL one as you need to provide the 360 degrees of official references to denote accuracy to the references in the build. Once the costume is made and photos submitted with the references showing the  360, it goes to the LMO and DL to decide on if it is approved or not. After it is approved, it joins the public CRL list as approvable. 

It is just more work to do the new costume than an established one.