• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Tatooine Stalker

MothMonty

Since I have not done a single thing with my Stalker since June 29th I thought it high time to dust of the project and get it going. With TFU sith edition, I thought I'd take a shot at the Tusken disquise version. The best thing is that the prosthetic arm is 99% covered and he has gloves.

I made the tunic, arm wraps, sash, scarf out of a thick cotton twill. Erin and I spent and evening putting together 36 pouches (3 rows of 6 x 2), whey the heck does he need so many. Anyways, the question I have is the pants and boots. In the pictures I will post below, they look really dark brown. But when I play the game they look black. What do you guys think?

2zibrzd.jpg

56201_StarWarsTheForceUnleashedUlti.jpg

974777_20090925_790screen004.jpg

974777_20090925_790screen012.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20090.jpg

Guest IC-7989

My guess is that he is wearing his original black pants and boots, but wrapped his upper leg with brown material. The boots are the same ones he is wearing with the original Stalker outfit. The pic of the fight with Ben gives a great shot.

I've argued the black vrs. brown clothing debate with some guys to the point that I'm sick of arguing about it.... so I'm not arguing any more, but I am holding firm to my belief:

I have studied the high resolution turnaround graphics, and I have found that the only piece of clothing that should be black is his undershirt. Everything else is very dark brown in comparison to that one piece of true black. From time to time there are costume pieces that look black in the game images and artists interpretations, but I firmly believe that it's a matter of lighting and shadow. They're very dark brown, or pieces that may originally have been black but now they're so dirty and weathered and faded that they're dark brown now. (This guy really needs to learn how to take care of his laundry!)

This debate is a lot like the Anakin debate. There were endless arguments that his tunic or tabbards were black or dark brown... people studied the movie endlessly and argued one way or the other. Then we finally got to see his costume in person during one of the traveling exhibits, and the debate was ended. Dark brown. Since we'll never get to see a real-life Starkiller costume, I guess we'll never get to have that glorious moment of confirmation, so the debate shall rage on, and on, and on....

Pam :-)

he has a black undershirt :shock: So I won't get into the whole debate in regards to the pants, I'll just make a decision and go with it.

Second question and this is more of a trouble shooting costume construction question. I plan on using earth magnets to attach the spikes/blood spitters to the helmet. How should I "instal" the ones on his arms an shoulders so they stay put?

Hmm. You know, I thought I had seen some elements of the training gear outfit in this version, which are brown, but upon further studying, it seems to be just as heavily based on the sith stalker stuff, which is black. But there is definitely an element of brown in there, more akin to the Tuskens than his standard sithly gear.... so I have no idea how that should be called. Brown... black... brack, maybe?

I would suggest putting the arm spikes on a firm base, such as a leather strap which can be worn under the wraps. That will keep them in place and facing outward. He wouldn't be very scary with floppy spikes!

Pam :-)

Guest IC-7989

When I said original black pants and boots I was referring to the Original Sith Stalker outfit, not the training gear seen in the Tie Factory. I agree with you Pam, I believe the Tie Factory clothing is brown as well. Sorry about the confusion.