• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Questions on COTF Nihilus

DarthMel

Hi all!

I am looking to put together a COTF Nihilus. From the research I’ve done thus far, it seems that most people go with WA, but I noticed some discussion stating that it is not approvble as-is. From what I’ve gathered from statements on the boards, WA has long ago fixed the issue with the robes not having the proper under tunic, but the remaining issue is that the mask has 3 instead of 2 ovals on either side of the center oval on the top of the mask. Is that correct? I’m currently in contact with my GMLs to hear back on their opinion of the set, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding the situation properly.

My next question is regarding the boots. I have large calves and big feet, so it’s more difficult to find boots that fit me properly. I’m looking at a pair that has an elastic band running down the back to accommodate larger calves. Would something like that be acceptable, providing everything else in the CRL is adhered to?

As for the lightsaber, where are people getting theirs? I’m currently looking at this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/557189726/star-wars-kotor-custom-darth-nihilus?ref=hp_rf-2&pro=1   but I can’t tell if it’s quite correct.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

On 5/27/2019 at 11:05 PM, DarthMel said:

Hi all!

I am looking to put together a COTF Nihilus. From the research I’ve done thus far, it seems that most people go with WA, but I noticed some discussion stating that it is not approvble as-is. From what I’ve gathered from statements on the boards, WA has long ago fixed the issue with the robes not having the proper under tunic, but the remaining issue is that the mask has 3 instead of 2 ovals on either side of the center oval on the top of the mask. Is that correct? I’m currently in contact with my GMLs to hear back on their opinion of the set, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding the situation properly.

My next question is regarding the boots. I have large calves and big feet, so it’s more difficult to find boots that fit me properly. I’m looking at a pair that has an elastic band running down the back to accommodate larger calves. Would something like that be acceptable, providing everything else in the CRL is adhered to?

As for the lightsaber, where are people getting theirs? I’m currently looking at this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/557189726/star-wars-kotor-custom-darth-nihilus?ref=hp_rf-2&pro=1   but I can’t tell if it’s quite correct.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Hi welcome to the forum 
I have not seen a newer WA COFT, but if he has redone the robes/tunics and they follow the CRL as stated here : http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_darth_nihilus    then it should be okay as long as it fits you.  Regarding the mask - yes, for the COFT version, it needs to be a skull like mask, and it only have 2 ovals on either side of the center oval.  

Boots, I have large calves too and it is a real pain to find a good pair of boots -  since your cape and robes will cover your boots on the backside, you can ask your GML team if they will allowe it, since it is okay to have a zipper on the back. 

Lightsaber is not needed for approval :wink:  -  I did a quick google search and found this one   https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/557189726/star-wars-kotor-custom-darth-nihilus?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=darth+nihilus+lightsaber&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&referring_page_type=market&pro=1    

Hola!Yo tengo de Outc...props,lo ves en Etsy.No es como la foto,te viene incluida mascara y máscara interior de goma.El traje está bien de calidad de tela pero hay que rectificar la capa exterior porque viene con un cosido lateral que no cumple CRL.

Mi sable es un Lucife...abers de metal con tres colores,el de Etsy lo he visto a un  compañero y me parece de buena calidad.

Un saludo y ánimo con este personaje tan tenebroso.