• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Planning questions for DN Build

Grimwalker

Approximately how much total fabric yardage should we estimate for the costume? It looks like the outer skirt is approximately 4 yards, but beyond that I haven’t seen how much to allow for the Tunic layers and cloak/cowl.

Second, it looks like SaberForge hasn’t put Nihilist into production yet. What is a recommended saber hilt design for the character?

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to seeing your progress.

When I made my Nihilus I purchased 20 yards of fabric all together.  I never ended up using all of it and had quite a bit left over.  For reference I'm 6'3" tall and not skinny lol.

For the saber I wouldn't worry about it for your approval since it is not required.  I personally use a Bellicose from Ultrasaber for mine because I feel it has a very KOTOR look to it.

Oh hi Blane that was Derrick asking for my DN build. : )

Another question, meantime: do the boots have to stop at the calf, or can we go higher? I have a pair of boots that did not work for my Imperial Staff Officer but should be just fine for this except that they're knee-high, and it'd be neat to use what I already have ...