• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Seventh Sister Model Rips

The Snake

I've got something a bit different for you today. Poring through some random files I've had on hand, I discovered some Seventh Sister models used for two Star Wars games, Force Arena and Jedi Challenges. These models offer two realistic depictions of the Seventh Sister, moreso the former, which is cited on Wookieepedia as a canon source. As far as I can tell there isn't anything major here that contradicts the existing character, but there are some things that add to it. Some interesting things I've found:

• The gloves appear to be made of leather or a leather-like material; this also seems to be true of the Second Sister. (Jedi Challenges model)
  • The boot covers are indeed soft material and have leather texture on both models.
  • The boot covers appear to be made of four panels, with seams on each side of the leg.
  • There is a seam running up the middle of the pant leg, and a stitching on the Jedi Challenges version, along the seam.
  • Neither model has triangles on the knees.
  • The armor is matte for both models.

Google Drive gallery of model screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kna0Z24jKN6-90hT-Wgj30E4tJHF6Lbm

Please note that I'm not saying this is something to be followed. I just discovered it, found it interesting, and thought I would share :)

I also have Fifth and Eighth brother models, which I can share as well. Would love to see CRLs for those some day.

Enjoy!

5.PNG.ba77c89f25df0b780e3290374d637d8a.PNG

Often times different source material renders different details, which leads to different CRLs. Take Revan, for instance. Even though it is still technically the same character and time frame, Revan in the game model and other Revan references (even if intended to be KOTOR I/II models) differ. It is the curse of multi-source references. 

If someone were to do this version, it could be an additional variant of the existing CRL (similar to how some of the other CRLs have Version 1, 2, 3, etc.), but I don't think that it would need to adjust the existing version. 

These are great models though, and I am excited to see what folks do for the Second Sister!

On 4/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, The Snake said:

I've got something a bit different for you today. Poring through some random files I've had on hand, I discovered some Seventh Sister models used for two Star Wars games, Force Arena and Jedi Challenges. These models offer two realistic depictions of the Seventh Sister, moreso the former, which is cited on Wookieepedia as a canon source. As far as I can tell there isn't anything major here that contradicts the existing character, but there are some things that add to it. Some interesting things I've found:

• The gloves appear to be made of leather or a leather-like material; this also seems to be true of the Second Sister. (Jedi Challenges model)
  • The boot covers are indeed soft material and have leather texture on both models.
  • The boot covers appear to be made of four panels, with seams on each side of the leg.
  • There is a seam running up the middle of the pant leg, and a stitching on the Jedi Challenges version, along the seam.
  • Neither model has triangles on the knees.
  • The armor is matte for both models.

Google Drive gallery of model screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kna0Z24jKN6-90hT-Wgj30E4tJHF6Lbm

Please note that I'm not saying this is something to be followed. I just discovered it, found it interesting, and thought I would share :)

I also have Fifth and Eighth brother models, which I can share as well. Would love to see CRLs for those some day.

Enjoy!

5.PNG.ba77c89f25df0b780e3290374d637d8a.PNG

Do you still have the 5th brother models? My husband is about to start one to go with my soon to be 7th sister! Thank you!