• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Starkiller Heavy Training Gear

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi again, I just made some pics of the *finished* backpack

without LED's (looks too silver, thats the camera flash)

SDC13024-1.jpg

LED's on and with flash

SDC13027.jpg

without flash

SDC13034.jpg

I made the backpack color by mixing black and silver spraycans, its not the right color so I will repaint it (the white spots are some sanding after the paint)

let me know what you think

see ya

Guest Anonymous

hi again, its been like 2 months since my last reply, a lot of work to do but with some time to update the improvements of this costume

yesterday some friends get together for a photo shoot, here are the first pictures

I tried to do the most iconic image of starkiller in this outfit, but i forgot this in the session, so this is the closest way until the next session

starkiller01sesiondefotoslegendaria.jpg

and this one is in attack mode

starkilleryo.jpg

if you look closely to the gloves, you will see the metal-like finger tips (between 40 hours in casting, sanding, airbrushing and putting in the gloves...)

is it ready for the 501? what do you think...

Wow, those pictures look really, really great. Very dynamic. I wish I could pose for photos that well.

As for being ready for the 501st, like I said before: I hate to say it, but... brown. The costume is brown.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/galle ... fullsize=1

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I know you will say that Pam, need to keep working...

well it still looks black but in plain pics is almost brown...(bad *dyeing)

the brown doesnt dye right so Im gonna do another inner suit, and it'll be brown this time...with the right patterns and everything...

later I will put some pics of them

PD: I keep working on the belts

Guest Daritha

Your photoshops on the costume are very impressive, Exar. Although one can't really judge the costume itself. So many distractions there. ^^

Guest Anonymous

yeah the photographer did them with a lot of effects...but he'll give me the non-edited pics in this days so you can see the improvements that I made...

im waiting the camera for some pics of the gloves, gonna put em in few mintues...

Guest Anonymous

got some pics of the gloves...need to work in some details...

th_SDC13412.jpg

instead of putting a glove inside another...I made fabric cases stuffed with panels so they have the volume seen in the cinematics...they are falling apart after the intense use...

th_SDC13413.jpg

I did the fingertips with resin, it was the hardest part of the gloves (time and resouces used) but they look a bit more accurate to the real gloves...

th_SDC13415.jpg

and the knucle *nuts* are kinda big but they were the best materials around...

th_SDC13411.jpg

today gonna work on the left hand screen and finish the details...let me know what you think

PD: gonna sand the wooded parts :)

Guest Anonymous

I just received some pics of the photo shoot

at closer range the inner suit looks brown...right?

th_165738_174504012589034_174405439265558_357261_3052911_n.jpg

here with the custom saber made to fight...it doesnt look red but it is, and the details are easier to find :) (need to repaint the backpack)

th_163685_174503972589038_174405439265558_357260_3690316_n.jpg

doing some repulse...without the effects...the belts that hold the backpack are visible...the legs and some of the normal belts are visible...

th_162919_174504035922365_174405439265558_357262_4907713_n.jpg

now let me know your opinions...I know there are some minor details to do but in general way its almost finished right?

Guest Anonymous

Your costume looks just amazing and it looks like you have put a ton of effort and money into it.

But I'm not sure it's brown . . .

Guest Anonymous

Hi everyone, I have good news, the brown inner tunic and the belts are complete and ready for the pics, can' wear right now but I leave the teaser pic

th_SDC13424.jpg

it looks clean...need to weather it (figuring out how to do that right now...)

I think this is far more accurate than the old black one that I wore in the other pics...need to know if I can finally send my application :)

Guest Anonymous

hi again, here are the first pics of the complete improved costume, dont tear and weather yet (I have fear of ruin the inner tunic)...

tunic and belts only, which they look too awesome

th_SDC13425.jpg

same but from the back

th_SDC13426.jpg

full costume front look

th_SDC13429.jpg

here is the backpack and the full costume (back)

th_SDC13435.jpg

there are some points that im working on, gloves, weathering of the inner tunic and the buckles, new left arm protection (the 3" tube is too small)

well let me know any observation that you have, see ya

Guest Anonymous

well, its been a really long way since I started this costume but it's finished, I present the Starkiller Heavy Training Gear for 501'st approval

I know that the pics are not the most accurate but the details are mostly visible...

let me know if there's some things that I need to work with...

th_descarga.jpg

th_descarga1.jpg

Guest Starkiller_Ale

Nice work, what stuff you used to do the cover arms and leg?

if you must go to see my own, I posted as "Heavy Training Gear / Raxus Prime Starkiller. "

I hope you like my work even if they are still at the beginning.

Guest Anonymous

hi everyone, it's been a long time (too long) since my last reply...but I have been in another things and have to pause this project...but now Im back on track...

the costume is almost done

th_tomafotoshatsuyume180.jpg

th_tomafotoshatsuyume181.jpg

click on the image for a larger version

let me know what do you think...and if it can be admitted into the Legion...

PD: I can't do the haircut, but I will do it soon...

Guest Aysel

nice job, I've always liked this particular version of Starkiller. 2 things though, and it just might be me being all nit-picky though. The arm wraps you have seem to have too much space between that and the grayish bands on your upper arms as compared to the in game pics, it just might be a matter of pulling them up to close the gap a bit; Also your back cape seems too long as compared to the in game as well, the in game pics show the cape as hitting the backs of the knees, yours hits at your calf's. but like I said that might be my nit-pickyness coming out

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the advice Aysel, and yes, there's something missing in the arm wraps...lets see what I can do...and I think that I forget to turn another lap in the chest area (it's a long piece of fabric that goes around the chest / neck area)

but the weathering is ok...(I think that it's too browny)

Guest EmenyZero

Wow, just found this thread. I'll throw in some of my Heavy Gear photos for reference:

35312_10150204684125261_573755260_13451636_2399299_n.jpg

34868_10150204684260261_573755260_13451642_3561618_n.jpg

34868_10150204684255261_573755260_13451641_4417638_n.jpg

Hope these help, and I do have more photos if you'd like to see more.

Just let me know!

Guest Anonymous

I've been away of this project too long, it's time to retake it and finish it !!!

thanks a lot for the pics EnemyZero,now I have to resize some parts and it would look much more like the original...there's a lot to do but the way is shorter now

by the way, how do you did the hand panels, what kind of materials you use for them?...