• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Old Republic - Confirmed Talks for Movie/Series

maniacalmorgan

Looks like we might be getting to see the Old Republic and/or KOTOR in the form of a movie or TV show. Super excited about the prospect of Disney tapping into this era. 

Source:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/yes-lucasfilm-is-developing-something-for-knights-of-t-1834093809

I don't think they will use characters  from KOTOR, most probably will make their own.

Anyway, I'm happy we will move to totally different era, not connected to Skywalker's saga. Will bring something new to the canon.

For me Old Republic is kind of Fantasy in Star Wars Universe. Sith are more powerful, Force is more mystical and you have much more characters from the Dark Side:)

@Mitthrawnuruodo - Well, this is coming from Kathleen Kennedy! She said it's more a thought being thrown around right now. I imagine they are still a ways away from anything solid, but I'm glad to hear they are at least considering it!

@rostwortrooper - I have a feeling they might bring Revan into the canon. He's the most popular non-canon character and if they really do a KOTOR movie, he's a central part of that story. At this point, I just have my fingers crossed! I definitely agree about it being an era more akin to fantasy. My one true hope is that we get to see massive Jedi vs Sith battles on screen. :)

3 hours ago, maniacalmorgan said:

@rostwortrooper - I have a feeling they might bring Revan into the canon. He's the most popular non-canon character and if they really do a KOTOR movie, he's a central part of that story. At this point, I just have my fingers crossed! I definitely agree about it being an era more akin to fantasy. My one true hope is that we get to see massive Jedi vs Sith battles on screen. :)

That is why I don’t think they will bring Revan. Too much expectation from fans, and it’s impossible to make everyone happy about his story. 

Timeline wise, the Old Republic Era spanned about 7000 years, so they definitely have a LOT of stuff they can cover. I can definitely see something about Bane with Revan having a cameo due to the inspiration and rip-off by Bane for the Rule of Two, but I am still unsure if we are going to see Revan as a focal point. I think with the inclusion in SWTOR his stuff is now more akin to old guy Luke than that of a key player, and I really don't think they'd spend all that money and time re-hashing out a storyline that has already been covered in KOTOR, SWTOR, and comics.

Personally, I'm all for original characters, but that is just me liking all the new stuff coming out. :) 

I did find this in regards to Revan possibly becoming canon: https://www.inverse.com/article/39515-star-wars-the-last-jedi-darth-revan-canon-crusaders-kyber-crystal

It's all just theory crafting at this point, but I think you're right - the more likely scenario is that he'll be canon in the sense that he will be referenced, not as a focal character in a new storyline. 

I agree about The Old Republic era - there's so much room for Disney to create new characters and new stories. I'm excited to see what they come up with!