• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Test shots

Guest Maia

Thomas asked me to post these. My camera died after the second one, but I am supposed to be getting the ones a few other people took sometime this week. No helmet on because I am still not 100% happy with that and ripped it apart again last week. The build information is over at the STT.

oct_testshot1.jpg

oct_testshot2.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I have two technical questions as if this costume gets appoved I'm ridiculously tempted to try it as well.

Firstly, how does your black suit open? (ie, zipper, etc?)

And secondly, how are your shoes constructed? I mean, are they actual shoes built into the leggings, or just glorified socks?

Thanks, Liz

(PS- It looks great! I can't wait to see you with the helmet. Keep working!)

Guest Anonymous

This is fantastic! Wonder why I didn't stumble upon these images before.

Great job and keep at it. As a Jaina costumer myself, seeing more LOTF works is definitely a treat! :mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

Nice Job. I never seen a Lumiya before. I'd love to get a picture of you and my new Darth Caedus costume together (just finished it). Have you finished yours?

8)

I have two technical questions as if this costume gets appoved I'm ridiculously tempted to try it as well.

Firstly, how does your black suit open? (ie, zipper, etc?)

And secondly, how are your shoes constructed? I mean, are they actual shoes built into the leggings, or just glorified socks?

Thanks, Liz

(PS- It looks great! I can't wait to see you with the helmet. Keep working!)

There are snaps on the shoulder seams which are hidden under the chest armour. I hate zippers. There are leather shoes with flat bottoms and no slip soles sewn into the bottom of the feet. The bodysuit is in one piece. I tried making the boots seperately, but they just would not stay up and in place the way they needed to.

Nice Job. I never seen a Lumiya before. I'd love to get a picture of you and my new Darth Caedus costume together (just finished it). Have you finished yours?

8)

Lumiya is inished. I just haven't had the time to have a set of photos taken. I am still messing about with fitting a voice amp and speakers into the helmet. I may have to give up on the cheap and simple route and go find a professional headset mic.

Your Lumiya looks amazing!  I'm about to start the arduous task of drafting the plans to make her myself, and the more I see, the more excited I get to do it.  I have a technical question to ask, even though this thread is several years old...what did you use for the "circuitry" ?  I know some people have drawn it on with an acrylic paint marker, others have used wiring such as the kind used by jewelers, but yours looks like another iteration all together! :D 

Thank you for any help you can provide, and again...amazing work!

FYI: Unfortunately when you see "Guest" under their name, its means that this account has been deleted, so they are probably no longer active in this detachment, or have started a new account.

Oh damn...I'm sorry.  I was so focused on the really awesome looks and didn't see the lack of active account.  Ah well, there are a few other Lumiya builds I can look at, but unfortunately she's still relatively under-represented so it's going to be a bit of a fun chore putting her together lol.  A labor of love, I'll call it.