• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help with getting approved

drennanmattheww

I’m trying to get approved with Darth Revan and this is what my GML said. Anything else I can do or any advice on how to get approved?

4e2c938996c6faefd93128e17bdefaa6.jpg

ce5858f57d91ca01cbe6f6ff2c77f767.jpg

78617684c6499c4165661b166dac36cf.jpg

2568e375da2f41040769bc56a945e98b.jpg

506f4d64521046789670a9afffbf54dd.jpg

55410102c51aa1e1eb29b23fec6e82c7.jpg

From GML:

There are some issues that need clarification and/or addressing.

Top down:

Caplet should be attached by fabric loops, not key clips, fabric is supposed to drape around shoulders, not be pleated. If yours isn't actually pleated that is the most unlikely fall of the fabric ever, shouldn't be hard to ruffle the pleats.

Ab and kidney armor overlap, this isn't CRL clarified, but it looks sloppy, ESPECIALLY when you are supposed to have evenly spaced rings hanging from both. When you overlap them the rings are not spaced, this is CRL clarified. Suggest trimming kidney armor to meet ab armor, and respacing rings, this means there should not be rings right at the edges of the armor as they will be right up against the rings on the other piece of armor, all 12 rings should be evenly spaced around the waist.

The boots look like they may be pleather costume boots, if so be aware that they probably won't hold up well.

Once you have fixed the caplet attachment, removed the pleats, trimmed the waist armor to meet, and respaced waist rings please submit new pics of front, back, back with cape moved, and bucket/balaclava off and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, drennanmattheww said:

From GML:

There are some issues that need clarification and/or addressing.

Top down:

Caplet should be attached by fabric loops, not key clips, fabric is supposed to drape around shoulders, not be pleated. If yours isn't actually pleated that is the most unlikely fall of the fabric ever, shouldn't be hard to ruffle the pleats.

Ab and kidney armor overlap, this isn't CRL clarified, but it looks sloppy, ESPECIALLY when you are supposed to have evenly spaced rings hanging from both. When you overlap them the rings are not spaced, this is CRL clarified. Suggest trimming kidney armor to meet ab armor, and respacing rings, this means there should not be rings right at the edges of the armor as they will be right up against the rings on the other piece of armor, all 12 rings should be evenly spaced around the waist.

The boots look like they may be pleather costume boots, if so be aware that they probably won't hold up well.

Once you have fixed the caplet attachment, removed the pleats, trimmed the waist armor to meet, and respaced waist rings please submit new pics of front, back, back with cape moved, and bucket/balaclava off and you should be good to go.

I can agree on the loops part. That was changed in the CRL over a year ago to match the references. Also yes, ruffling the pleats.

I also agree about the overlap of the armor, but from what I can see, it is because you are wearing the front of the armor too high and the back too low. When it is placed correctly, they will be flush at the bottom and won't show. You will probably have to (carefully) remove the velcro on the back armor and re position it. Notice how the sides of the velcro go almost horizontal? That is because the front armor is too high.

The boots are a personal preference but yes, I agree that you should be aware that they will wear out fast, especially right at the top of the foot where you bend to take a step.

I can agree on the loops part. That was changed in the CRL over a year ago to match the references. Also yes, ruffling the pleats.

I also agree about the overlap of the armor, but from what I can see, it is because you are wearing the front of the armor too high and the back too low. When it is placed correctly, they will be flush at the bottom and won't show. You will probably have to (carefully) remove the velcro on the back armor and re position it. Notice how the sides of the velcro go almost horizontal? That is because the front armor is too high.
The boots are a personal preference but yes, I agree that you should be aware that they will wear out fast, especially right at the top of the foot where you bend to take a step.

Thanks for the advice! I forgot to update my post. I was able to get this approved by making the suggested changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk