• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Plagueis - a new CRL?

Hello fellow Legionaries,

my name is Marietta, I'm a 501st member ID-27888 from the Nordic Garrison (Finland).

For the last 10 months I have been building a costume based on the Black Series Darth Plagueis figurine and  a few other Lucasfilm approved  images.  I am attending the Star Wars cosplay contest with my build at the Chicago Celebration this Saturday, hoping to make my favorite character Darth Plagueis more known within the Star Wars community.  I am still  completely foreign to Flagship Eclipse and unsure of the process of suggesting a brand new CRL. 

I'm Marietta Ivanova on facebook and @mariettaart on Instagram. Please message me, especially if you're coming to Celebration, I would love to get to know you and show you the costume to get your opinions on it. I have so much respect and awe for the costumes in this detachmet.

Once I return from Celebration, I will start seriously but humbly working on my dream to  get this approved, if it fits the Legion requirements.

Here are a few images of the source material and my build,  please keep in mind that these are work in progress pictures,:

47251293381_bec9fa9f71.jpg

40515286283_4af0453911_z.jpg

46757975844_cca9d53f9a_z.jpg

32309186607_4aeb850997_z.jpg

32627603937_760b31503d.jpg

32627566647_6688422024_c.jpg

A short video if you click the link or image below:

40604098013_7d76042ef0_o.jpg20190408_184459 by fl fi, on Flickr

Edited by Marietta

1 hour ago, DarthValkyria said:

You would submit the references and costume photos to the LMOs who would then work with the detachment to validate the eligibility of the costume to join.

Thank you for the answer. What will the costume builder's role be in the process? Wait for comments/requests for more information/changes? I am asking this because meanwhile I'd surely love to discuss this character and costume with fellow fans, because I for sure am not sure how exactly some the parts in the figurine should be constructed in real life and what to do when a decision needs to be made between source images that are a  bit in conflict. And simply because it is fun. :D

1 hour ago, kracker98 said:

I hope to see you at Celebration, I would be very interested to see this costume in person. 

It would be really cool to meet fellow costumers. I'm on the Galaxy Stage  taking part in the cosplay competition on Saturday 3:30 pm, and after that I will be hanging in the crowd in the costume. On Sunday also. :)

Edited by Marietta

1 hour ago, Marietta said:

Thank you for the answer. What will the costume builder's role be in the process? Wait for comments/requests for more information/changes? I am asking this because meanwhile I'd surely love to discuss this character and costume with fellow fans, because I for sure am not sure how exactly some the parts in the figurine should be constructed in real life and what to do when a decision needs to be made between source images that are a  bit in conflict. And simply because it is fun. :D

You would supply said references and such. You need a full 360° of cohesive detail references, so using two conflicting ones wouldn't work.