• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello from the LMO Team 2019

Kylo

Please move this to the forum that you think is most appropriate if this is not the right one. 

What is an LMO?
The Legion Membership Team are responsible for reviewing and processing applications for membership, and maintaining and updating member information in the Legion database. The Legion Membership Officer drives costume policies, including acceptable costume types for membership and setting standards for costume submissions, and are the final arbiter of member costume issues and approvals. The Legion Membership Officer supervises and advises Detachments, Garrison Membership Liaisons, and Garrison Web Liaisons on any questions or issues they may have with members costumes. Have a question about membership these are the folks to talk to!  
LMO@501st.com

*Thinking of starting a NTTL (New to the Legion) Costume? Please make sure you keep in contact with the Detachment. 
*For “New to the Legion” costumes please have a look here: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

Here is a brief list of some of the improvements we have planned for this term:

• Communication, Clarity and Consistency: Utilizing the legion forum to regularly engage the membership and command staff alike through open and transparent lines of communication. (Ongoing)
• Increase engagement with Detachment Leaders: Regular group meetings and conference calls to work with each other as a team. (Q1) 
• Launching “CRL Development Guide”: (Q1)
• Streamline and document the process of creating and changing CRLs: (Q1)
• Update the LMO Survival Guide: This will help current and future LMO understand the role and it’s responsibilities. (Q1) 
• CRL attainability: Ensuring CRLs and costumes attainable for all people in all countries and walks of life. (Ongoing)
* Finishing 75% of unfinished CRLs: Supporting the detachments to find models and writing text for CRLs that are not yet green. (Q3) 
• Add galleries to every CRL: Increasing the use of detailed reference imagery in CRLs (Q3)
• Create CRL Development Forums: Utilizing the legion forums for open and transparent development of new the legion CRLs.. (Q3)
• Encouraging GML Feedback: Engaging the GMLs to ensure they know the LMO team is here to support them. Make formal efforts to receive feedback from GMLs about CRLs and the  approval process. (Ongoing)
• Regular Membership Surveys: We want to know what the members want. We serve the membership. (Ongoing)

About Me
My name is Dawn Bright and I am the LMO for the 501st Legion,  ALMO with the Rebel Legion,  I have previously served as XO of the Flagship Eclipse (501st) and the Senatorial Detachment (RL), GML of Southern California Garrison and a Legion Costume Judge (LCJ) for the Rebel Legion. I love making costumes (with an emphasis on EU and new to the legion), I have almost 60 (RL/501) Legion approved costumes.
In my normal day to day life I am an Administrator of a care home for developmentally delayed adults in independent and inclusive living situations in sunny Southern California. I work with family's and social workers to establish communication between what the families and residents want for themselves to feel productive and able and I institute success for people in need.
I'm a people person  and as an LMO I put members first and foremost. People like you with passion for the costumes in this Detachment. We are all volunteers who have spent hundreds of dollars or/and hundreds of hours making costumes. I promise you that you will be treated with respect and deserve honest and efficient results. 
 I look forward to serving you and working with this fine Detachment

About the Team

Michael Capell CT/SL/ID-3037 Timberline Garrison
Michael has been an LMO and on the LMO Team for about a decade. He has done many things in the Legion since his wife told him she was joining and that he needed to as well. He has been the SLD Webmaster for ten years, as well as (over the years) been a GXO, GML, GWL, and GEC. He specializes in Clones, EU / Legends, Sith Lord costumes, and helping people where he can. He’s looking forward to another term helping expand our Costume Reference Library. 

Blair Douglas ID-12266 Midwest Garrison
Blair is new to the LMO team but has served as a liaison for unity for the clubs for many years. She has LMO experience with the Rebel Legion and has led an effort in the RL around costume approval reform with a concentration on maintaining quality, improving consistency, and making approvals attainable.  Her experience will help us address some of the current pain points within the 501st system. An additional bonus is that Blair is a lead software engineer by day helping to provide Fortune 500 companies technical solutions for their business needs. Her professional experience will also help us assess the current state of the systems supporting costume approvals and help to figure out how to improve them to facilitate a more positive costume approval experience. Fun fact Blair plays bass in the band Soft Speaker, extra fun fact she paid her way through college playing bass in a U2 tribute band and her nickname was Madame Clayton.

Kris Kobus ID-33633 United Kingdom Garrison
Kris is new to LMO but has held positions such as XO and DCA for the IOC and Events administrator for his Garrison where he is also a Officer costume adviser. Kris is a workaholic and does not believe in sleep so is usually always available no matter the time zone.

Brian Anderson TK-7602 New England Garrison
Brian has been the LMO team lead previously. He was one of the driving forces of Detachment empowerment and pushed for CRL changes. Brian has been on local staff and Detachment level staff for many years and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. Brian is known as the “make it look like the picture!” guy when it comes to standards and truly embraces current Legion culture.

Eric Brager  TK-9674 New England Garrison  
Eric was the lead LMO for the 501st Legion two terms from 2015 to 2017. He has twice been elected FISD Detachment Leader and has held a number of garrison level command positions in the 501st Legion

We are so very excited to work with you guys! One thing I love so much about Detachments is the love for new CRLs and the passion. Both of which are very near and dear to my heart. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Detachment or LMO team.
I prefer messages Here or to LMO@501st.com  that way I keep record of them and can tag appropriate parties

Thank you and have a nice day,
Dawn Bright
SL-13377
www.SL13377.com
https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=15902&costumeID=343

Edited by Kylo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi TFE folks,

We've had a shift in LMO duties and as of the other day I'll be your LMO team rep for TFE. 

I'm here to support the fine TFE staff making sure they have whatever tools they need to make new CRLs and update existing ones. 

If you have questions about CRLs for any of the detachments or this here one, please feel free to PM me on any detachment forum, the legion forums, email me (eric@hawaiianseamonkey.com), or post here. Imma following this thread. 

Thanks much and I look forward to helping Nina, Zoomi and their crew get sh!t done this term. 

-Eric

• Like 2

Create CRL Development Forums: Utilizing the legion forums for open and transparent development of new the legion CRLs.. (Q3)

Just to add to this topic, has there been a updated development for the Legion within the T.F.E?

The C.R.L modifications to certain character standards needs a massive update, that includes the character that I have as an S.L.

SL 19290 Michael Breunig 

The hardest part of our CRLs is that many of them only have a few people who don't respond or don't want to help update CRLs. Some of them we have partial CRL, "filling" for that is sitting in a drive awaiting the final pieces.

All CRL items are handled detachment-side, and we have a forum here for the process with directions on how to propose updates.

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/195-crl-proposals-and-updates/