• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello from a nerdy noob!

Hello everyone! My name is Barbara. I go by Barby. I know a few people in the 501st (Everglades Squad). I have been trying to get my life in order in order to be able to join myself. I'm a teacher. I teach STEM. My classroom is Star Wars themed. I love Star Wars. I am also a part of Disciples of the Force which is a Dark Side Disney Star Wars Social Club. I'm the secretary & web designer for the club. I'm planning on joining 501st as Doctor Aphra. Unfortunately, I do not know how to sew or cook. I'm not the girliest of women. lol I am looking to get some information on costuming & will need a lot of assistance. Costuming is a whole new thing for me. I have cosplayed as Ed & Ein from Cowboy Bebop & Rey in the past but I tend to buy my costumes. I never enter any contests. I cosplay because I love to. I'm a big gamer nerd. I play miniature war games, card games, video games, etc. I hope to get in contact with many of you & get LOTS of help. 

Barby

Welcome, Barby!

Always glad to see another STEM person in here! I'm an analytical chemist, myself. If you look through the Aphra posts here you should be able to find more info on the costume. 

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/224-doctor-aphra/

I also recommend starting your WIP there so you can ask questions along the way.

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Welcome friend! We know a few Aphras that can help you. A good place to start would be here where Nina pointed out,  and also request access to the ladies of the legions fb. Theres a lot of good costumers there as well that can assist you in finding someone or at least giving you guidelines to follow if you end up doing things yourself or you need specific details. 

Hope you can join us soon! 

Edited by lissahkins
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Welcome, Barby!

Always glad to see another STEM person in here! I'm an analytical chemist, myself. If you look through the Aphra posts here you should be able to find more info on the costume. 

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/224-doctor-aphra/

I also recommend starting your WIP there so you can ask questions along the way.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome! I too am glad to see another STEM person in here. :) Thank you for the link. I will definitely  ask for help on there. 

Barby