• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Nihilus needing some feedback before submitting

Dark Jedi

I ordered from Wicked Armor because I have heard mostly good things from people. 

Thst being said, the cape was a bit too short so I added more fabric on the inside of the cape, tried to get an exact fabric.  I also realize my knot is in the wrong spot in some photos that will be fixed with safety pins later, 

the picture with the skirt is to show that there are two an inner and an outer 

So here are my pictures so far 

puIiFy.jpg

QbJ8XA.jpg

Xojlv5.jpg

bh2WYr.jpg

MX4dgc.jpg

M9eo3S.jpg

XK5mE1.jpg

l7Wvjv.jpg

4kzxrv.jpg

tSkFrF.jpg

aj0tl1.jpg

7ZhEJY.jpg

UDXoE8.jpg

SXLFO2.jpg

tlRUBU.jpg

GJQDa4.jpg

First of all welcome to the forums!  Here are some observations I have of the costume that I think you could improve.

1. Looking at the cape from behind it almost looks like there are two capes all together.  This could just be the way the cape is draping, but it should just be one cape.

2. I'm not sure if you have 2 tunics or not, but it should look as though you do.

3. I know you said the positioning of the knot is wrong and you'll be adjusting it, but it also looks too small.  The knot should also not really look like a traditional knot, it should be one smooth piece and not really look like a true knot.

4. The boots and gloves look good, but could use some weathering.  The gloves especially look a little shiny.

5. Finally the mask itself really is more of a KOTOR II version, not the COTF version.

All in all these are things that can be pretty easily adjusted, and if you need any more help please feel free to ask.

TThanks, 

first, I can say I do have two tunics inner and outer, the outer is sleeveless

the cape came too short so I added more fabric  as of now it is two capes

thanks for the top on the gloves, 

the boots however ever were very expensive few hundred dollars as they are hand made leather and will be covered by the skirt

the mask is by wicked Armor as is the whole costume 

You should probably show off that there are two tunics for approval, and if you can make it appear that way all the time it would be better.

Not sure if you can make it work so at least it appears that there is only one cape but you should definitely do that. It really shouldn't be approved if it looks like there are two.  I technically have two capes as well, but you wouldn't be able to tell unless you look very close.

Unfortunately the mask that comes with the Wicked Armor set really isn't the correct mask for the COTF version of Nihilus.

Ok thanks 

but the wicked armor one doesn’t match the KOTOR 2 either  it’s more skull shape like COTF 

PLUS I’ve seen others get aprooved with it 

wicked armor advertises this as the COTF version 

I may just re buy or even make the KOTOR version  heck it’s pretty much the same costume and wait until a later date 

Ive been with Rebel Legion as JEDI for 11 years 

I’ve waited 10 years to get into the 501st I can wait another year or so .... sigh 

Not trying to discourage you in any way, and ultimately it is up to your local GML as to whether or not they will approve it.  Work with them and they will let you know if they will approve it.