• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

The Emperor's Hand com costume - the robe and brown leather

Guest Sakara

Guest Anonymous

Hood is almost done. I need to hand sew the liner. It is two layers where the 'hat' section is so as to have some shaping material between them and give it the 'hat' style. I kept it one layer for the scarf so the drape would be good. Two layers for the entire scarf made it so heavy it would not hang correctly. There is a 'slot" on the right side of the scarf area just below the hat section for the left side to pull through and allow the right side and left side of the scarf to both drape over the left shoulder,front and back. The 'slot' also lets the right part of the scarf drape over the front of the neck as she wears it. I had to experiment with some scrap material to get the combo right.

It sits better on the body where there are shoulders than it does on my foam head.

fronthood.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Trial run..no make up and am waiting for the light saber and need to shorten the skirt by about six inches.

MJEH3.jpg

MJEH2.jpg

MJEH4.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I'm really excited to see all of the new scans of this costume. It is one of my favorites of hers. I made my own (very poor, quickly and cheaply made) attempt based on the miniature sculpt last year. The miniature figure has some significant differences in design than the comic art, so I am planning on revisiting this in the future. After about a million other projects (my own Arica bodysuit and a remake of my Amidala Red Invasion, included).

Enjoying the build so far and can't wait to see the lightsaber!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you! I too am excited about getting the light saber and submitting the package for approval!

Guest Anonymous

Yay.. light saber is nearly done and I am planning to submit next weekend. I believe I will make a soft holster for the blaster and put it on a belt under the skirt. I see no other way to carry/hide it as it is not shown where she stores her blaster of light saber. The belt will be able to hold the light saber when using blaster and alternately.

Guest Mara Jade

I really like the work and time you've put into the costume, and it looks really nice :)

I do however think I prefer it with a black suit underneath, not blue. I think it was intended to be black :)

Guest Anonymous

I just went by the graphic novel as the reference and the tights are not black so I stuck with what is in the novel.

She wears the black suit in other encounters in the novel but with this outfit it is the steel blue.

Guest Mara Jade

I do believe it is intended to be black, but looks slightly more blueish in some pictures due to colouration - when colouring something black, you use blue to make highlights, because white will create a way too shiny "lacquer" (not sure if it's the right word) look. When you look at these pictures:

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/ ... nt%3D5.jpg

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/ ... nt%3D1.jpg

I think it is quite clear that the suit is black - or at least a very dark grey :)

Guest Anonymous

Computer monitors and scanned images can be tricky. as seen in one of the fabrics I choose on line. It looked like the picture I had but was way off.

I have the novel and took that with me to the match the fabric when purchasing it for the tights, dress, and leather so I did not even print out the photos scanned.

I made my decision based on the graphic novel directly to avoid monitor or printer changes. I did my best and you must do also! Good luck with it if you are making this.

Guest Anonymous

My light saber arrived today and it is spot on. Randy did an incredible job. It is perfect and the blade is violet.. I am so excited. I can get the pics done this weekend.

I propose that this be referred to as the Black Nebula Mission costume because it is distinct from the other times she wears a similar dress but different vest and different hood , adding a black robe. There are no numbers to the pages in the book when she does this assassination so I have tried to define it by mission as the novel is broken up into different missions. Thus folks who are interested can do future Mara Jade costumes according to the mission.

It is just my proposal and if others see no logic in it then something else is in order. :)

Guest Anonymous

Here are some shots of the final that have been submitted.

I tried to get into the same position but the graphic is not anatomically correct!

Marax2.jpg

frontwithhoodup.jpg

EHfrontsubmit.jpg

EmpHandleftside.jpg

goodshotEH.jpg

reference light saber..

lightsaber.jpg

My replica of reference light saber, thanks to Randy

Klightsabervioletpurple.jpg

Guest Mara Jade

I have the comic also, so I used those pictures as well, when I did my costume last year - I wore it at CV :) If you're interested, I have some small pictures of it here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1416

Unfortunately, the leather vest had an accident, and when I tried to fix it, the colour came off my beautifully coloured leather :( So the vest I'm wearing at the pictures is actually a fabric one I made a week or so before we left for the States, sigh.

But otherwise, I'm happy with the costume :)

Guest Anonymous

Why not redo the leather vest? Finish it and make the epaulets as well. I did not notice if you made them damaged or not. The visor on the hat/scarf and the epaulets should have the same leather as the vest. Go for it!! :)

Guest Mara Jade

I'm hoping to redo/fix the leather vest, but simply didn't have the time back then - and I'm not wearing it much in Denmark, because, people have no idea who Mara Jade is :P But I'm hoping! *fingers crossed* we'll be able to attend CVI next year, and then' I'll want to wear it there :)

However, leather is expensive :P

The epaulets (I learned a new word there :) ) is made with the same fabric as the vest, as I wanted them to match, so I'll have to redo them also :)

Guest Anonymous

If leather is expensive perhaps try faux leather..fake leather .. that looks like it. It is called pleather over here.

The visor for the hat is the same also.

Guest Anonymous

I am waiting for my boots to arrive.. more form fitting without the slouch. I have some gray tights and will post some updated pictures as soon as the boots get here.

Guest Anonymous

I have weathered the vest, got the gray leggings and better fitting boots.

Here are a few update photos. The sun kept coming out from behind the clouds and it is a bit bright.

vest has been through some scrapes!

vest2.jpg

gray tights and no slouch boots

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Thanks ! The request was to age the vest, do gray tights and make sure the boots are more form fitted and not slouched. It is hopefully up to acceptance.