• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

COTF Nihilus CRL wording question

Solfrann

Hey everyone!  I have a question about some wording in the CRL.  Have been arguing about this with a couple of my local members.

I bought a COTF Nihilus costume from another approved member, and its amazing! 

I just want to make sure i'm reading the CRL correctly (this is REALLY overthinking on this one, and i apologize for that)

"The cape falls no less than approximately two in. (5 cm) from the ground."

"The outer skirt hangs no less than 1 inch (2cm) from the floor with the lower edge heavily tattered."

its the "no less than approx 2 from the ground" that has me in a pickle.  If its "no less than" then 3 is no less than 2.  10 is no less than 2.  that's the same as "more than."  (yes...i hate being that guy right now)

I thought the cape was supposed to be floor length, and assumed I would possibly have to lengthen it if it wasn't, but by this reading, its not supposed to be.

The wording on the inner skirt is specifically different:

"The skirt is floor length, no more than one inch from the ground and longer than the outer skirt."

That "NO MORE THAN one inch FROM THE GROUND" reads the opposite of "NO LESS THAN approx 2 FROM THE GROUND"

Please...help.   

Help me, Lords of Hunger.  You're my only hope.

This is why we are working on going back through the old CRLs and updating them. Some of the wording is contradictory and confusing. Hoping to be able to get those taken care of this year after we finish the final push of incomplete costumes with zero or near zero CRL information.