Wesley Thornton

Flagship recognize the dark empire?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys...am thinking about joining the dark empire. They have a custom sith category. I was wondering if you accept anyone from the empire on troops. I know it would be a separate group, but would like to do something with a local group from Denver that would allow me to go along. I am part of Rocky Mountain fan force. We do the Denver con, and the st paddy’s day parade in conjunction with the 501st. I can’t officially join, they don’t do generic sith. Just looking for a place to have a little more fun with my sith outfit. Any help? 

From personal experience in MN we have a local costuming club that is not attached to the 501st at all.  We have always invited them along on troops, unless it is a LFL exclusive one.

They are part of the Galactic Senate.

501st, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, Droid Builders, Saber Guild, The Dark Empire, The Galactic Academy.  @ionicdesign would know more.

Hi @Wesley Thornton, I am in TDE and would be happy to answer any questions that you have! As @BHAsajj has stated, we are a part of the Galactic Senate, and we are recognized by LFL. Here in AZ we work hand-in-hand with all of the clubs (501st, RL, MMCC) and have a fair amount of crossover and people in multiple clubs!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:26 AM, Wesley Thornton said:

Hey guys...am thinking about joining the dark empire. They have a custom sith category. I was wondering if you accept anyone from the empire on troops. I know it would be a separate group, but would like to do something with a local group from Denver that would allow me to go along. I am part of Rocky Mountain fan force. We do the Denver con, and the st paddy’s day parade in conjunction with the 501st. I can’t officially join, they don’t do generic sith. Just looking for a place to have a little more fun with my sith outfit. Any help? 

As long as what you submitted fit within The Dark Empire's standards (for LFL characters they typically link to TFE and SLD CRLs) for custom characters they have specifics of what they look for, you should be fine. 

Their forums also have places to do build threads and get feedback along the way.

I myself am a 501st and TDE member with my Revan. Slowly working on getting more members into TDE locally to get a Spire formed. Just finished up a custom Jedi (for RL) that I can use as Dark Jedi in TDE too. 

• Like 1

Hi I am also a member of the following sister groups under the "Galactic Senate"  : TDE, Rebel Legion and Saber Guild - as long as your costume follow their approval settings, you should be good to go  - good luck and looking forward to see your costume :wink: 

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. Am happy to know there is a direction I can go in. I would like to see a spire here in Denver. I understand there was one a one point. I have run into one person  who is part of the TDE. He's got a nice nihilus. He's also part of the Mando mercs. My Sith looks like a Jedi, but all black with a hooded robe. Topped off with a kyber light saber, red of course. I am looking for someone who can help with the picturing end. Hard to do a self setup. Hope to have pictures soon. 

8 hours ago, Wesley Thornton said:

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. Am happy to know there is a direction I can go in. I would like to see a spire here in Denver. I understand there was one a one point. I have run into one person  who is part of the TDE. He's got a nice nihilus. He's also part of the Mando mercs. My Sith looks like a Jedi, but all black with a hooded robe. Topped off with a kyber light saber, red of course. I am looking for someone who can help with the picturing end. Hard to do a self setup. Hope to have pictures soon. 

@Wesley Thornton nice! Always happy to have more people! I would recommend bringing this over to the TDE forums (thedarkempire.org), that way you can start up your WIP there and get direct feedback. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

People have done a great job responding here but yes, the inclusion of TDE members falls to the Garrison Command to allow or not. While some 501st units work closely with other groups in their areas, some do not. That is thankfully changing (slowly but surely) with steps towards inclusion and working together (like the GS). Talk to your local folks, see what you can do about it.  :)

As the others have said, TDE is a good group for the custom stuff (and canon Sith types, as well if you want the multi-club membership thing). I joined TDE quite a while before joining the 501st just because I liked the custom aspect (much the same reason I joined the Mercs). My custom went to my daughter, so my IK is now my only force-type costume. As soon as the 501st opened it up as an approvable costume, I jumped on it. TDE accepted it first, then the RL, and now 501st. I like that I have always lived in areas where the groups get along very well. Makes trooping much more enjoyable.

• Like 1