• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New to 501st, Sith Acolyte Build

Grumpy Gills

Hello everyone! I have been looking at making a sith acolyte for some time now and just figured I would give it a shot.  have been looking at two different 3d print kits and would like some input from you all. I have been looking at 3d files from this site:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/636163864/swotr-sith-eradicator-armour-files-diy?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith acolyte&ref=sr_gallery-2-8&organic_search_click=1

As well as pre printed armor from The Star Forge on Etsy. I am looking at taking a somewhat more budget friendly route (I know not always the best option) but I am a poor college student. I am not new to 3d print as I am in the MMCC and have experience with it. Let me know what you all think! I am excited to try and start this new build!

Grumpy

Delayed response, but maybe @TK Keith could take a look at the intricacies. If you are able to smooth out the prints so that they don't look like they are printed, there isn't an issue so long as they are accurate to the references.

Maybe I can be of some assistance. 

Eelco from 3DPropsNl is pretty good offering quality in detail. Looking over the 3D files , they look pretty good. Only thing I didn’t see are the elbow armor which is required to have so you might be finding yourself making them.  Besides that all looks good

In finishing the parts, definitely sand down the print lines. Can’t wait to see whIch you go with and progress

Edited by First0rder

Hi Justin!

I looked over the 3D Props NL pictures as well and I think the armor looks good. Overall I am impressed with the level of detail.

I'm not sure if they are missing the shoulder bells or the elbow armor.  This image seems to indicate that the narrow piece could be the elbow armor because there appears to be something above the forearm, but I'm not positive.

il_fullxfull.1646242992_dwo8.jpg

I also noticed the thigh has some layering that I'm not familiar with.  Here's a reference shot and the area that stood out to me in the 3d print.

SIth Legs

Thigh.jpg

While there do appear to be some layering differences, I think the thigh still definitely retains the  overall appearance.  Perhaps @DarthValkyria can chime back in about whether the typical GML would approve this.  Or maybe that would be a good question for your garrison GML?

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, First0rder said:

Agree that extended tab off the thighs is incorrect as the reference pictures don’t have that. If you go with this kit, would suggest removing those. 

Hope that helps 

I agree.

• Like 1

much appreciated for the feedback! Sorry about the delayed response, I have been busy finishing up pre-reqs for nursing school (which start in 1 week). This will probably be a very slow build but will do my best to update it when I have things to let you all see!

On 4/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, Grumpy Gills said:

much appreciated for the feedback! Sorry about the delayed response, I have been busy finishing up pre-reqs for nursing school (which start in 1 week). This will probably be a very slow build but will do my best to update it when I have things to let you all see!

We look forward to seeing your pics!  It’s hard to balance real life with a costume build, but I hope you find pleasure in the process.  

In terms of under-suit, what do yo all use/what is most common to use. I need to get the rest of my armor made and id like to have the under-suit to fit the armor accordingly!

I just use the under armor top and bottom that I use to troop with my stormtrooper.  The CRL is pretty vague about this item:

“Under Suit

Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos/designs. “

hey man.... if you will need some help with armor just write me.... my acolyte is full 3d printed (its took about 1000 hours with 0,2mm) I make my own acolyte sword.... Like under suit like https://www.partyon.cz/karnevalove-kostymy/kostym-cerna-figura/?variantId=8706&gclid=CjwKCAiAx_DwBRAfEiwA3vwZYqLrPXSpVJcxhC5siofkVn9aLwLLhMtRrAw5Gx5gmtItCvKebZS9UBoCuScQAvD_BwE without cape and use balaclava)

my build :