• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Has anyone obtained 501st approval with Chris Stephens Creations mask?

JediDad2011

Hello everyone,

May I please ask if anyone has obtained 501st CRL approval for Grand Inquisitor with the following Chris Stephens Creations latex mask?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLUX2bCBY6Q/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Appreciate everyone's input and suggestions.

501st approval requires the eyes and mouth not be part of the mask, as they must be your own eyes showing and your mouth that can move freely. If you were able to cut around the lips and eyes and attach, it cold work but no guarantee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JediDad2011 said:

Appreciate the feedback.  If the eye-lenses are removed (to show wearer's eyes).   Would it be approvable, even if no movement with the mouth?

No. You need both eyes and mouth to be your own per 501st rules. 

• Like 1

Absoltely agree with Nina. Anyway, the mask looks pretty good. Talk to the seller... maybe he could do it without eyes or cut them by yourself... as for the mouth, cut a bit more and glue it to your mouth. There must exist a bit of "expression".

Good luck!!!

• Like 1

Good afternoon Mauri & Nina,

Appreciate the feedback.  

Quick follow-up - Although Mr. Stephens is very helpful and responsive, he confirmed he cannot make the mask with moving mouth and required facial expression.  His work is awesome, unfortunately this specific mask not likely to meet 501st approval requirements.

Mauri - Do you have any suggestions for vendor(s) or source(s) for 501st approvable Grand Inquisitor belt, belt buckle, and gloves?  

Also - Do you know any 501st members or vendors who have 3D print files for Grand Inquisitor helmet and armor items?

Thank you again.  :saber:

On 3/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, JediDad2011 said:

Good afternoon Mauri & Nina,

Appreciate the feedback.  

Quick follow-up - Although Mr. Stephens is very helpful and responsive, he confirmed he cannot make the mask with moving mouth and required facial expression.  His work is awesome, unfortunately this specific mask not likely to meet 501st approval requirements.

Mauri - Do you have any suggestions for vendor(s) or source(s) for 501st approvable Grand Inquisitor belt, belt buckle, and gloves?  

Also - Do you know any 501st members or vendors who have 3D print files for Grand Inquisitor helmet and armor items?

Thank you again.  :saber:

Hi again!

Belt, buckle and gloves were made by myself... there were no makers up to that moment. Now, I don ´ t know... Anyway you can try it!

As far as the helmet is concerned, I ordered it to a Mexican guy... he made from scrtach with a 3D printer and the finish is incredibly good.

The armor were fully made by me as well. There were only one Inquisitor when I started the proyect and had to deal with all stuffs...

Come on!!!

Edited by Mauri
  • Thanks 1