• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Advice for Visas Marr

Dark Cristal 69

Good evening, I need advice. I have a visas marr costume already approved, I have painted the designs on sleeves and veils and they are perfect; the problem is that in this way the veil is not very transparent and therefore I see only from the bottom and I find it very annoying, so I looked for an alternative solution and I think I found it; I found someone who makes embroidery to be applied and I would like to put them on the veil and on the sleeves. in this way I would see better and I think that the result does not change. I am attaching photos of the costume as it is now that of the embroidery sample so that you can give me your opinion. thanks in advance for your reply.

P.Š. I hope I explained well.:-D

received_204580617091914.jpeg

FB_IMG_1538966502545.jpg

On 12/13/2018 at 6:08 AM, DarthValkyria said:

I've seen people find a matching color in a sheer fabric and double it up so that they still have SOME visibility between the painted details.

That is how I did mine, a double layer  + I used hot iron on vinyl for the golden pattern - I see perfectly through it. 

visasguld3_zps4b6e28c9.jpg