• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Maladi - Almost Finished

Corpseflower

Hey everyone,

I'm close to finishing my Darth Maladi build I've been working on for the better part of a year. There are still a few tweaks I need to make, but I'd love to get some feedback before I go ahead with the body painting and approval process. 

Here's basically what it looks like put together (excuse the poor-quality photos and the bathroom mirror selfie... ugh...).

maladi-wip.thumb.jpg.907f48738c937891a8b74283e59392f5.jpg

The collar piece is still in progress and therefore isn't in the photo. I plan on adding some sort of black fabric to the inside of the leather sleeve wraps, as the fabric I used was upholstery pleather with white meshy stuff on the back. The belt still needs to be fixed - at the moment it's just fastened on with a safety pin, and it looks messy. Not sure whether or not I need to redo the silver hip wrap.

Here's what the shirt looks like from the back:

shirt-back.thumb.jpg.5e8eaee67f4a0f293ca235c4be019a87.jpg

The crown/headpiece - I've fixed the weathering a bit since I took this photo.

headpiece.thumb.jpg.e705a1fc96253898ffd8453dda9356d3.jpg

Lightsaber hilt, take 1: I made this out of painted oven-bake clay, based on the Vong coral designs used for most of the Legacy-era Sith lightsabers. I'm not entirely happy with this, so I plan on redoing it and slimming it down a bit. I do have a red saber blade I plan on using with it.

lightsaber.thumb.jpg.5cf025e0b8802f7212b437e21873be8c.jpg

Let me know what you think. This is my first time doing any sort of cosplay though, so don't be too brutal!

May the Force be with you all.

Hello!!

looking wonderful!! I’d possibly suggest that the raised embossing of the hip wrap is brought all the way to the edges; majority of the comics have a trim to the edges and then the pattern.

have you thought much about paints, or will you be looking at the bodysuit option?

• Like 1

Thanks! 

I happened to agree on the hip wrap - I myself wasn't satisfied with how it looked, so I ended up redoing it with better materials. I also reworked the belt and the lightsaber hilt. 

As for skin colouring, I don't personally like the look of painted bodysuits - to me it looks like overly crepey skin, even though it would save me quite a bit of prep time on expo days. I decided to suck it up and just use paint.

As it stands, though, she's pretty much ready to go and is now awaiting GML approval.

IMG_1207.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats! 

Make sure you request to join here and follow directions in the questions.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TFECommTower/?ref=share

I'll get you updated to detachment member now.

You have one of my favorite Maladi so far! I would love to bug you with questions while I begin my build if you would be willing!