• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

After Nightsister comes 7th sister

Naa'leth

Hej!
It´ has been a long time ago that I finished my Nightsister Naa'leth costume and got it approved. In the meanwhile I have worked on a Galactic Marine and finished it successful.
So it was time for a new costume and I was not able to choose ... should I go with a Biker Scout or some other Clone or be back at TFE with a new costume from Rebels?

My boyfriend took it from me and in summer 2017 I had the BBB-Day (Big Brown Box-Day) :grin:

But I could not start because of frozen shoulder syndrom - I could not use me right arm. Very painful and very exhausting and it took a very, very long time to heal.
I had to wait until this years june, but as you all know there are a lot of researches to do at the beginning and that is what I started with. Even though I could not use
my hands I could use my eyes!!

thebeginning.jpg

Next steps were to decide making all soft parts by myself or should I let it designed by a dressmaker?
If you guys take a look at etsy you may understand why I accept the challenge to sew the jacket and pants on my own using some normal patterns  and modulate them.

For the white stripes I used transfer sheets you can iron on. The cogs are merch we can get from someone in our garrison :wink:

jacket_pattern.jpg

jacket_frontclosed.jpg

jacket_front.jpg

jacket_back.jpg

Funniest things were the gloves :-D

I have never sew gloves! Youtube was very helpful. It is very simple! That is how it looks to create them:

Just take the different coloured fabric and add an elastic strap.

gloves_pattern.jpg

gloves.jpg

Chest, Back and undarm armor were painted already, also the helmet.

I use velcro to get chest and back together and the "sleeves" as well.

The underarm armor consists of two halfs connected by magnets.

chest_back.jpg

closing_shoulder.jpg

closing_sides.jpg

sleeves.jpg

underarm_armor.jpg

Edited by Naa'leth

Shoes and chaps you can find as equipment for horse riding :wink:
Just add the red stripes by using spray paint.
I cut the chaps off to get them into the right size. They have got elastics at the back so they fit tight.
You can use velcro as well to stick the edges at the bottom to the shoes instead of elastic straps round the sole.
You can see the loop tape at the elastic part on the shoe shown below.
It was important to me to create the arc at the instep.

shoe_original.JPG

shoe.jpg

chaps_original.JPG

chaps.jpg

screenshot_shoe_chap.jpg

I can remove the facemask from the helmet. Great!  ... I thought! I don't really like how it looks like. So my neckseal has the right shape at the cheeks but nobody will see it :?

But here is my helmet (no - no lighting)

helmet.jpg